Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately its been - 40 degrees celsius here where i live, and went to go start quad to plow snow , it was turning over but not starting so i pulled up my truck to boost it and i accidentally swapped the black and red cables on the quad battery. Now there is zero power to the display or anything won't turn over at all. Did i screw the battery?

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
Have you checked all the fuses..? And welcome to the Forum.

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
Does anything else work not work on your bike, or just the display itself..?

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
So lately its been - 40 degrees celsius here where i live, and went to go start quad to plow snow , it was turning over but not starting so i pulled up my truck to boost it and i accidentally swapped the black and red cables on the quad battery. Now there is zero power to the display or anything won't turn over at all. Did i screw the battery?
Since you have done as AJL recommended, I would recommend going with the other basics.
Verify if you have spark. If you don’t, I would suspect you may have fried the ECU.

Even properly hooked up, jump starting with a vehicle is not an recommended procedure. I wouldn’t even recommend using a charger on boost. Low amperage, or a trickle charge works best.

Good luck. I hope it Works out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you have done as AJL recommended, I would recommend going with the other basics.
Verify if you have spark. If you don’t, I would suspect you may have fried the ECU.

Even properly hooked up, jump starting with a vehicle is not an recommended procedure. I wouldn’t even recommend using a charger on boost. Low amperage, or a trickle charge works best.

Good luck. I hope it Works out.
Thanks! Appreciate it!

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
If nothing works whatsoever then as John stated you most likely fried the ECU.

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
If you reversed the polarity of your booster cables when trying to boost your bike the chances that your battery is fried and not your ECU are slim. But if you want to rule it out pull the battery and do a 24hr charge on it. Then put it back in the bike and give it a whirl. You should at least get the display to power up or the fuel pump to briefly kick in, even if there’s not enough juice to crank over the engine. But if you still get nothing then the ECU is most likely shot. Also keep in mind that these atvs have sensitive electronics, so if is very plausible to fry the ECU over the battery.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nothing works
First check your battery with a load tester. Make sure you didn't short it out. Double check all fuses. Don't just look at them test them. There is also a fuss on the side of your starter relay. This is the main that allows power to the relay for the entire system. It should click when you turn on the key. If its good try some basic jumper wires on that relay to see if anything powers up. My guess is the 20 amp micro fuse on the relay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.