Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my 1998 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4 I have issues getting it to go into high low gear and it won't go into Diff lock at all. Sometimes won't go in reverse..When I ride it and shut it off it won't start back up until I put it in reverse.
Also once In a while it will be showing green neutral and red reverse lights at same time.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Sounds like part of your issue is electrical related since you shouldn’t have both the neutral light and the reverse light on at the same time. You may just need to clean ground wire that is attached at the frame. If that does nothing then you may have a more serious issue electrical issue. As for your low/high and diff lock issue. I would first try adjusting the shift linkage to on both and see if that helps. If not, the issue with the diff lock is probably with the front differential. The high/low if adjusting the linkage does nothing then you probably have a issue within the crankcase. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like part of your issue is electrical related since you shouldn’t have both the neutral light and the reverse light on at the same time. You may just need to clean ground wire that is attached at the frame. If that does nothing then you may have a more serious issue electrical issue. As for your low/high and diff lock issue. I would first try adjusting the shift linkage to on both and see if that helps. If not, the issue with the diff lock is probably with the front differential. The high/low if adjusting the linkage does nothing then you probably have a issue within the crankcase. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think your right 🤔 did have electric wires that caught on fire that go in the crank case..I have another 4 wheeler for parts can you take the wires out of the crank case and use them in the other one?
They are the same year except one is a Quadrunner 250 4x4 and the other one is a 4x4..
Also how do I adjust the linkage? I can send you pictures if that helps..
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you change the reverse switch? What size wrench does it take..

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts