Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just purchased a 2002 suzuki king quad 300 with the 280cc motor. Drained the fuel tank and put new fuel in it. Check the spark, And Check oil every thing was good tried to start it hit two times and died. sometime it will hit three times and died. Clean carburetor four times yesterday but no change to the problem. Any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
My son just purchased a 2002 suzuki king quad 300 with the 280cc motor. Drained the fuel tank and put new fuel in it. Check the spark, And Check oil every thing was good tried to start it hit two times and died. sometime it will hit three times and died. Clean carburetor four times yesterday but no change to the problem. Any ideas.
Welcome to the forum.

If it was sitting with old fuel in the tank, then the carb is probably gummed up. You may need to get into that carb and do an intense cleaning along with a rebuild. The passages are easily restricted and very resistant to cleaning.

If you have the factory carb on your machine, I would suggest a good cleaning and a rebuild kit. Often soaking in different cleaning chemicals will provide the desired results. Do a search here for lemon juice carb cleaning.

Tell us how you do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a new carburetor and it idles but as soon as you give it gas it dies. It will idle all day.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If it's an aftermarket carb, you are fighting an uphill battle for a good outcome.

Check the vacuum hose going to the petcock for fuel inside.

Check the voltage at the battery while running. It should not be over 14.7v.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts