Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
I have a 96 King quad 300 and it seems like the transmission is whining when I'm driving it not sure if it's the tranny, the front end, or the rear end but I replaced the all the oils in front and rear, not sure what it is, replace the oil in the engine with amsoil, it only has 3700 miles on it, don't know how hard it was drove before I bought it, any ideas?
We will need a bit more info to help. What does it sound like? What vehicle speed does it occur at? What engine speed? Is it under load, or will it happen going downhill? Is it worse on turns? If so, left, or right? Does in happen in 2WD and 4WD? How about low gear? Is it different in low gear than Hi?

Do you own a stethoscope? If not, we can talk about alternate ways of isolating it.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
i made sure the type of oil was for wet clutches, it happens 15mph and up in 2 and 4wd, nothing in low and low-low, under load, im not sure, i wish i could record it on my phone for you guys
Try it uphill and downhill. Uphill will simulate a load. We have already established that it doesn’t do the noise in Low, and the noise is present in 2WD and 4WD.

Do you have a stethoscope?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts