Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 Eiger LT400 F

Needing some help here. I heard there's a connection point behind the front right fender?? Or do I need to run the winches red & black wires to the battery?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I believe the wires you are talking about are for the in and out switch and should be key activated.....the main heavy wires are connected directly to the battery to the solenoid and winch
Others should chime in on the location you are talking about as I do not know where they are at on the Eiger

·
Registered
275 Posts
You need to pick up a hot lead hopefully wired behind the switch to activate the solenoid.

That can be anywhere on the quad.

Under the seat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would hook it up to a connection that draws straight from the battery. It should have a relay with the winch. If not get one. The electric motor on a winch draws hard on the electrical system and the power should be coming directly from the battery so that it doesn't stress your stator to much. I personally hook them directly to the battery and put in an additional shutoff switch. This way you know your not stressing your electrical system. I would rather have to charge my battery back up, because I left the switch on, than burn up a stator. This is just some advise from an old guy the has burned up a few stators in my day. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts