Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a new aftermarket carb for my 95' quardrunner 250 lt4wd. ive googled, ebayed everything.. all my searches end up with a carb that doesn't have the vacuum port that connects to the petcock. anybody know where to find the correct one? that isn't oem and 450 dollars.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
After market carbs seem to never work out......unless your OEM carb is physically broken.....there is no reason it can't be rebuilt with a kit and work as it should.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aftermarket Carb

I bought one of the cheap ones that only had the one vacuum port and used a split to run it to both the fuel petcock and fuel pump and it is working great on my lt4wd 250. I didn't realize when I ordered it that it only had one vacuum port, so it took me a little bit to figure out what I needed to do. I actually used the little "T" that was attached to one of the vent hoses up under the gear selector cover by the gas cap. It works great and was a whole lot cheaper than an oem carburetor. But my carburetor was completely jacked up. I have rebuilt several and this one was beyond being rebuilt unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Edler, do you have pictures? The OEM has only 1 Port on the air side where as the aftermarket has 2. In addition, the OEM has 2 vacuum ports on the motor side where as the aftermarket has only 1. How did you get around it. A picture would explain it for me perfectly as I'm a reverse engineering type if guy! Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's the pictures. The little "T" connector was attached to the stock vent tube that runs up and sits underneath the black plastic cover where the drive selectors are. Just run the 1 vacuum line from the carb to the T and then run 1 side from the T to the fuel pump and the other to the fuel petcock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance you can post the link to the carburetor that you bought to replace the OEM one? How much was it? Thanks in advance!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts