Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever thought about changing your oil from Suzuki oil?
How about changing your suspension settings?
Are you influenced by peer pressure?
Are there any aftermarket products that you feel safe with?
Are they any members in your riding group that are reckless or careless? Do you ride with someone that tailgates you?

If I don't get banned this should be good.

·
Premium Member
2019 King Quad 750
147 Posts
Been using the Rotella T6 15-40 oil for a little while now. Seems pretty common among King Quad riders.
My suspension is all the way up, stiffist setting i guess.
Admittingly, yes, at times though. Me and my best friend are always talking about whos gonna make it through that mud hole and what not. I've gotten into a few crazy situations but its been in good fun!

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
41 Posts
I usually run Mobile One Synthetic Racing 4T oil 10-40.
I like the one back from softest setting so far. I haven't tried any else yet.
I'm way to old for peer pressure (most of the time).
So far I've had Great Luck with my aftermarket accessories.
Both my buddie and myself can get pretty reckless at times! All Fun Though!
If we're in a rowdy mood and racing each other, we're usually right on each others bumpers.

Coming from a dirt bike background, we usually like to have fun going fast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I only do performance mods. No stressing of axles like lifts. No maxing out tires to rob acceleration like weight. Shell rotella t6 5w-40. I use wix oil filter. I have an 07 king so I did the castor mod and added a steering stabilizer. The 07 used the absolute junk paper air filter so that went away for twinn air filter. Got a VDI ecu but kept the oem ecu as the VDI can be tricky sometimes. Changed the oem skid plate for the oem aluminum skids and fabbed UHMW 1/8" skin to them. That mod turned out great as the aluminum skids were rock magnets. Relocated the fuel vent because that can be a walk home problem. Light weight terra cross radial tires and light weight mud tires.

I don't suffer fools. I don't get into peer pressure and never have. I have seen too many people being reckless and causing problems. I'm also not careless as I have seen too many people getting hurt or wrecking there quads or running into the rear of the quad in front of them playing chase. VERY dangerous. Not a fan of people saying "go big or go home" and belittling other people. As soon as I get that felling from people I don't ride with them anymore.

Alcohol has it's place but everyone knows "that guy".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I only do performance mods. No stressing of axles like lifts. No maxing out tires to rob acceleration like weight. Shell rotella t6 5w-40. I use wix oil filter. I have an 07 king so I did the castor mod and added a steering stabilizer. The 07 used the absolute junk paper air filter so that went away for twinn air filter. Got a VDI ecu but kept the oem ecu as the VDI can be tricky sometimes. Changed the oem skid plate for the oem aluminum skids and fabbed UHMW 1/8" skin to them. That mod turned out great as the aluminum skids were rock magnets. Relocated the fuel vent because that can be a walk home problem. Light weight terra cross radial tires and light weight mud tires.

I don't suffer fools. I don't get into peer pressure and never have. I have seen too many people being reckless and causing problems. I'm also not careless as I have seen too many people getting hurt or wrecking there quads or running into the rear of the quad in front of them playing chase. VERY dangerous. Not a fan of people saying "go big or go home" and belittling other people. As soon as I get that felling from people I don't ride with them anymore.

Alcohol has it's place but everyone knows "that guy".
Have you ever been shooting bow and arrow with so called friends and they shoot at your arrows? Sames goes for riding the trails.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't do peer pressure. I once turned around on a hill at Hidden Falls near Austin, TX. I wasn't comfortable climbing on my new 750 KQ. It scared the crap out of me. 2 Minutes later, an old junk, 450 Polaris quad with 2 people and a cooler on it walked up that hill like it was nothing. I still didn't go up that hill after seeing that.
IMG_1648.JPG

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Under warranty, I used Suzuki oil, but out of warranty, I've used a couple of different types, often what is in spec, but cheapest.

Change suspension setting depending on loads and feel. Been a snowmobiler for much longer and I would adjust my suspensions just about every other trip (on average).

Peer Pressure? Not at all. If I was, I'd be riding Polaris, but you won't find a P-Word in my yard, whether it be Snow, ATV, generator, or even a bumper sticker. Owned Polaris Snowmobile and a Polaris ATV. Both had problems that I seemed to always be working on. For ATVs, I like Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki. For Snowmobile it is Skidoo and Cat all the way.

Aftermarket parts. Depends on what it is, but I'm not a big OEM person. I really don't think there is any quality difference between OEM and most engine parts, specially bearings, pistons, and rings.

I've ridden with reckless, but for the most part I'm only riding with my family and we're pretty safe and we never try to peer pressure someone into doing something they are not comfortable doing (ie, climb hills, go through deep water/mud holes.)
My son has a friend that when he goes for a ride, if he comes back without an injury it is amazing. My son watches and just makes sure his friend survives.

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
I don't do peer pressure. I once turned around on a hill at Hidden Falls near Austin, TX. I wasn't comfortable climbing on my new 750 KQ. It scared the crap out of me. 2 Minutes later, an old junk, 450 Polaris quad with 2 people and a cooler on it walked up that hill like it was nothing. I still didn't go up that hill after seeing that.
View attachment 21104
I agree 100%. I have been on some crazy trails. Sheer cliffs, insanely steep inclines/declines that should have had switchbacks .... It’s simple. I go for fun and recreation. Relaxation and to unwind. Let the adrenaline junkies have their rush.

I have been lucky enough to find awesome trails within 3-6 hours of my home . I have ridden beautiful trails all over Pennsylvania. I have ridden Hatfield McCoy , so that’s off my to do list. I prefer wandering trails with scenic views that don’t increase my blood pressure. I have a job that does that already.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Amsoil makes great oil,
And I just started a youtube channel, I am trying to grow so I am offering a free oil change kit from Amsoil once we hit 40 subs (A draw will be made)
we just gave away one at 20 subs.

Suspension setting is fun to play with different kinds of riding styles, a rider can really get comfortable with their ride playing around these kind of "playable" settings.

Peer pressure? I think we all get influenced by our friends, especially when out and riding, your crazy friend may go through a puddle he feels comfortable, but once you see him do it, doesn't it make you want to try? besides, if you get stuck, you now can learn who your best friends are. those who will help you out:)

I feel like any aftermarket parts are safe to some extent, I once read an article about engineering and products, etc. Why would a company market their parts and even make them if they are sh!t? sure some parts are better than others, but let's be honest, most parts are being pumped out the same place.

yes and yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts