Suzuki ATV Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So with a battery connected, I can pull start it in 1-2 pulls.
With the battery disconnected, nothing after 5 pulls. Looks like it needs at least a partially charged battery to start.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So with a battery connected, I can pull start it in 1-2 pulls.
With the battery disconnected, nothing after 5 pulls. Looks like it needs at least a partially charged battery to start.
I do know that a pull cord kit for a US Honda 500TRX (Canadian models are factory installed) comes with a separate capacitor that is supposed to hold a charge if your battery goes dead giving the injection system some power once you start pulling. But yea you still need the dead battery hooked up.
Not sure if there is that in the Suzuki system.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I gave up buying factory aluminum wheels to mount my new tires on. So i went ahead and mounted my 25" GBC Grim Reapers on the factory steel wheels. These things are luggy and they did cause more vibration on my old Vinson so i did not expect them to be as balanced as the stock tires.

But omg is the vibration bad with these things. I am going to buy a balancing bead kit to dump in them to see if it gets any better. But i used to be able to top my speedo out with the stock tires at 68mph. With these things i didn't take it past 55 because the vibration was so bad.

But i will say the power steering is much more effortless now with 8 ply with radials. The side walls are so stiff they have no give to them like the paper thin sidewalls of the factory tires. This thing steers almost CanAm like now. Which made me remember CanAm's come from the factory with radial tires not 2 ply balloons that Suzukis come with.

I remember seeing videos where they knocked Suzuki steering because they had some weird bump steer issue. And i did notice this when i took it to an offroad park that was littered with rocks. If you would hit one the steering would get weird and i didnt care for it. I think it might be from the cheap thin sidewalls that come on them. Now that i have 8 ply side walls with little give i dont think it will happen anymore. But we will see....
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
So, I was looking into modifying my motorcycle lift in order to accommodate the King, but I have such little room left in my garage that it wasn't really going to work out. I found these stands on line and thought this might be a better option. I already have several sets of ramps so I didn't need to get those. They fold up pretty good and fit into a small corner I found for them. They're aluminum so I don't have to worry about them rusting if they stay outside for a spell. I have a piece of 3/4 plywood I can lay across them and it becomes more of a work table. I've even been able to jack up the front and rear of the machine while on the stands. Very stable and solid. A good solution to crawling around on the garage floor. The problem with doing that these days is getting back up! :)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
151 Posts
I gave up buying factory aluminum wheels to mount my new tires on. So i went ahead and mounted my 25" GBC Grim Reapers on the factory steel wheels. These things are luggy and they did cause more vibration on my old Vinson so i did not expect them to be as balanced as the stock tires.

But omg is the vibration bad with these things. I am going to buy a balancing bead kit to dump in them to see if it gets any better. But i used to be able to top my speedo out with the stock tires at 68mph. With these things i didn't take it past 55 because the vibration was so bad.

But i will say the power steering is much more effortless now with 8 ply with radials. The side walls are so stiff they have no give to them like the paper thin sidewalls of the factory tires. This thing steers almost CanAm like now. Which made me remember CanAm's come from the factory with radial tires not 2 ply balloons that Suzukis come with.

I remember seeing videos where they knocked Suzuki steering because they had some weird bump steer issue. And i did notice this when i took it to an offroad park that was littered with rocks. If you would hit one the steering would get weird and i didnt care for it. I think it might be from the cheap thin sidewalls that come on them. Now that i have 8 ply side walls with little give i dont think it will happen anymore. But we will see.... View attachment 22302

View attachment 22303

View attachment 22304
Hey know, hold off. Take your mounted tire and wheels that are cleaned with alcohol inside and don't leak to the auto center near you. They will stick weight weights inside and your problem will be over.👍

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey know, hold off. Take your mounted tire and wheels that are cleaned with alcohol inside and don't leak to the auto center near you. They will stick weight weights inside and your problem will be over.👍

I have thought of it but I dont think 12" wheels will fit on most wheel balancers. I originally bought 14" aftermarket wheels to get around this but they were extremely heavy and felt like a wheel off my jeep. Then adding 8 ply radials to that and suddenly your 750 becomes a 300.

So trying to keep the weight down i decided to buy OEM aluminum wheels. Which were out of stock with no estimated date of arrival. So i ended up dismounting my still good factory tires to get some good trail tires so i can hit some offroad parks.

I contacted Counteract to see how much weight they thought i would need for these tires. They told me 4 oz per wheel. So i ended up ordering this kit and i will post results after i get them dumped in. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2N5MTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got my tire balance beads dumped in today and i think it made the wobble worse. I guess this set of tires will be my trail set and now i need to buy some aluminum wheels when the come back into stock for my on road set.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kingquad 750AXi w/ PS
10 Posts
Just purchased mine on Friday and took it for it's 1st spin yesterday at Peter's Mill Run and Taskers Gap here in Virginia. Have 100's of miles on those trails in the Jeep and on the dirt bikes but this was my 1st time ever riding a quad and it was a blast. Was able to take it to places I always wanted to take on the dirt bikes, but was unable due to terrain. The 750AXi is a beast, absolutely no regrets trading in the bikes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take some of these ideas posted in this thread and apply them to my shopping cart. 😀

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Added some rear storage and took it for a trail ride on Saturday followed by a bath. Added weather stripping to the Black Boar box which worked out perfectly as it was bone dry. On Sunday added the mirrors and fender bag, plan to install the winch this evening. I've had it for one week now and absolutely having a blast with it! h

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Ya, They are a Wicked Blast, aren't they! One of the funnest times I have is Customizing It Out! People talk about how other manufactures have more accessories as part of the stock package for some of these 4 wheelers than Suzuki does, but I totally enjoyed buying the bare bones machine and was able to Customize it myself, the way I wanted it. More than half the fun for me was building it up the way I wanted. I think AJ (the admin and guy that runs this site) has this same 2up seat and box that you just put on.

·
Administrator
9,547 Posts
Yes, I’m loving my 750. I’m on my 3rd year of ownership and don’t regret my decision to buy another Suzuki. And I also love the upgrades that I’ve done so far. Well worth the money. Here’s the upgrades PilotJet is referring to that I’ve done. So Far the only thing I’ve put on my 750 is a rear cargo box/seat, passenger foot pegs, and mirrors. That is as far as I got. Was suppose to get tires this year but my car wasn’t suppose to catch fire last winter either, which was totally unexpected. Next year is now the plan for that given there are no unexpected hiccups along the way again. Here are some images of the upgrades that I’ve done so far to my 750.

First pic is of my 750 bone stock:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Next two images are when I installed the mirrors:

Cloud Sky Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Sky Plant Cloud Vehicle Hood

And the final 5 images are of my cargo box/seat with passenger foot peg set up:

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Hood

Cloud Sky Tire Plant Vehicle

Cloud Plant Automotive tire Sky Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber Automotive exterior

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Reactions: DavidNDC

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Installed a set of ODI Rogue hand grips .... just for the hell of it. Pretty cool grips and not too expensive.
Sweet! I had ODI's on mine and my son's dirt bikes. May have to get a pair for my Quadking as well as I found they greatly reduced hand fatigue.

Yes, I’m loving my 750. I’m on my 3rd year of ownership and don’t regret my decision to buy another Suzuki. And I also love the upgrades that I’ve done so far. Well worth the money. Here’s the upgrades PilotJet is referring to that I’ve done. So Far the only thing I’ve put on my 750 is a rear cargo box/seat, passenger foot pegs, and mirrors. That is as far as I got. Was suppose to get tires this year but my car wasn’t suppose to catch fire last winter either, which was totally unexpected. Next year is now the plan for that given there are no unexpected hiccups along the way again. Here are some images of the upgrades that I’ve done so far to my 750.
Very nice! Really like the color of yours. Also like how you rigged another tail light on the box. Sorry to hear about the car fire, that's no fun.

·
Administrator
9,547 Posts
Mines the SE+ model. Reason for the special “Bronze” colour scheme. And I didn’t add the tail light on the storage box, It was already part of it. And thanks, that fire definitely sucked. Hope it’s something that never happens in my lifetime ever again.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Got lost the other day, would like to prevent that from happening again. So today I installed Gaia GPS onto an old iPhone I had laying in a drawer, downloaded the offline maps and mounted it to a RAM Mounts Quick-Grip.

I’m outside off cellular range where I ride and usually go alone, so planning on a Garmin Inreach or Spot as well. Still researching, leaning towards the Garmin.

Also including a compass to my saddlebag.

Hood Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Glad to see y'all keepin this Thread Alive!

Added some LED headlights. This are amazing compared to the factor lights!
Very Cool Pictures! Ya, I installed these same LED headlamp bulbs (thanks to John1960). They Kick Ass!! So Bright!!

Got lost the other day, would like to prevent that from happening again. So today I installed Gaia GPS onto an old iPhone I had laying in a drawer, downloaded the offline maps and mounted it to a RAM Mounts Quick-Grip.
NICE! Getting lost can sometimes be fun, unless you're running out of fuel, then not so much. I still use my handheld garmin (old 60csx) when I venture into new territory .... if not just so I can find my way back to my original route, if I end up turning around. Nice to see that your Diggin the new machine.

·
Administrator
9,547 Posts
I use my old school method of finding my way. If I want to investigate a trail but not sure where it’ll lead to, I turn hard and spin the tires leaving ruts. If I should come out the other side and somehow come across those marks that I made earlier. I’ll already know that I’ve gone this way. Also works if I have to backtrack if that trail’s a dead end. So I know which way I’ve come from before that point. My friends call me a human GPS, lol.

Reactions: DavidNDC
81 - 100 of 110 Posts