Suzuki ATV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Ya, Crank up the pre-load on the front springs. That helped a lot. Also, last year I had those stock Carlisles on and those tires were mushing out. I now have 8 ply radials on and that is also helping to stiffen up the front as well.

Not sure if yours will sag as much cause you have the plow push frame mounted under near the center of the machine. I have the stock OEM Suzuki mount and push frame which is mounted right in the front under the winch box and it is pretty heavy.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Trying to keep this thread going. C'mon now, no one has done anything new to their machines lately? I've disconnected and stored the plow. Sure hope I'm not Jinxing us by doing this, but the weather has been really nice as of late. I'm also in the process of modifying my motorcycle lift table so I can get the King on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made mid mount plow mounts for my recently purchased 2015 500axi to adapt a used Polaris plow I picked up for $150. So I am ready for next winter season. I was able to retain the full aluminum skid plates, but the mounts will need removal during the off season as they reduce ground clearance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought a set of 26" GBC Grim Reapers for mine. I think i found the black aluminum OEM suzuki wheels i want but since they do not list a picture i need to call them up and verify. I would hate to order them and end up with black steel wheels.

I think this is the front

And i think this is the rear

·
Registered
309 Posts
And a while back a guy was talkign about skid plates trapping water inside the frame and rotting them out. I have tried emailing and calling CosmolineDirect and i have been unable to get a hold of them.

My plan is to buy a can or 2 of RP-342 and use some spray can extension wands with 360° nozzles if they will work on RP-342. I dont know if the wand will get inside the tube though.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
I made mid mount plow mounts for my recently purchased 2015 500axi to adapt a used Polaris plow I picked up for $150. So I am ready for next winter season. I was able to retain the full aluminum skid plates, but the mounts will need removal during the off season as they reduce ground clearance.
Good Deal! Those plow set-ups can be expensive. Nice being able to fabricate your own mount

I think this is the front
And i think this is the rear
I think you're right with those part numbers but definitely a good idea to call and check

And a while back a guy was talkign about skid plates trapping water inside the frame and rotting them out. I have tried emailing and calling CosmolineDirect and i have been unable to get a hold of them.
I still want to check that out on my machine .... as soon as I finish my lift, I can get under it a lot easier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And a while back a guy was talkign about skid plates trapping water inside the frame and rotting them out.
That was me, I ended up adding two adhesive backed rubber spacers at each drain hole and it keeps a small gap between the frame and skid plate allowing the water to drain.
Drilling the skid plate at the drain holes would have been a better option but I could not think of a way to drill the skid plate at the correct location. I soaked the inside of the frame tubes with fluid film and plan on blowing the frame out with compressed air occasionally.

Here's what I used to to provide the gap between the frame and plate...

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got my 26" GBC Grim Reapers and they are MUCH wider than i expected. I really dont like how wide they are and I'm worried the fronts will stress the power steering and cause it to over heat and fail. So if you want to see what 26x9 and 26x11 GBC Grim Reapers look like compared to stock widith tires this is what you are going to be dealing with. I am already in the process of sending these things back to Walmart because they are not going to work.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

I absolutely loved the 25" GBC Grim Reapers i had on my Vinson i just wanted something a bit taller. I dont know why GBC decided to make the 26's so wide, ugh...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have put 26" Bighorn 3.0 on my 500 a few months ago. The new front tire is actually the same width if not slightly wider than the old OEM rear tire. The rear tires are quite substantially wider than OEM, by almost 2". I have not noticed any appreciable difference in the amount of effort required for steering.
I recently also removed my rear sway bar, the ride comfort is way better. I find that I no longer get that jarring wack in the rear when I hit a rock or a hole with one wheel, as the rear suspension is now truly independent. The bike is less stable, and this is noticeable even when stepping on one peg to mount the bike. So if you have found yourself on here asking these gentlemen how to get more top end out of your quad, I'd be leaving the sway bar where she's at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought about making some quick disconnects to deal with this.
Didn’t take long to remove it. Removed my rear tires to make it easier to remove the nuts from the lower links. Cleaned and lubed the 4 saddle bolts and reinstalled them in the frame to keep water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Installed a KFI Wireless Remote Control for my KFI winch today. Pretty Sweet! Really easy install, plug and play. I can see where this wireless remote would come in handy ... even if its just being able to clean the cable by myself. I am pretty impressed with KFI. This remote is cool and I have had no issues at all with my 2,500 lb winch so far. It gets a pretty good work out when plowing. Works like a Top!

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Nice! So question .... Was that a pretty easy install for that recoil assembly and how easy is it to pull? Have you started the machine using it yet? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installation was easy.
It’s not like starting a lawnmower, you have to turn it over slowly until you get it on the compression stroke and give it a yank. The first time I tried I hurt my shoulder pretty bad.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
Thanks a Lot. I've been thinking about getting this and I think I'm going to now. Just another piece of mind back up system in case of trouble. I love being redundant for worse case scenario's. From your description, it reminds me of the kick start on my dirt bike. You have to kick slowly until you find the compression stroke and then let it rip. The only thing is my 400 thumper dirt bike has a decompression lever to make it easier. It is a real "Launcher" if you dont use the lever. No lever on this 750 thumper King so it's gotta be a pretty good technique to get it to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Expect a long wait if you order the parts now. Mine was on back order for about 2 months.
There’s a good write up on the installation somewhere on this site.

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
I’d love to put a recoil back up on my 2019 750, though I’m not a very big guy and lack upper body strength. So without a decompression lever to assist me, I doubt I’d be able pull start it even if I’d get it on the compression stroke. Only solution that would work for me is those small mobile booster packs. Not a ideal situation to boost it, but it’s better then getting stranded.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was just thinking about the pull start. Since it takes some voltage to run the fuel pump and fire the injectors and the plug, I wonder if the pull start would even work
with a completely dead battery?
Gonna have to do an experiment soon to find out.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
267 Posts
So, my snowmobile has an electric start and a pull start as well. I have gone out in the morning before when its quite a bit below zero and the battery just goes wah, wah, nothing.... but then the pull start fires it right up on the 2nd pull, tops. Fuel pump, fuel injected. So, it may not work on a completely flat battery, but should still work on a battery thats just not strong enough to turn over the starter. By the way, the sled is an 800, but it's a twin. Pretty hard to pull...

61 - 80 of 110 Posts