Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 king quad 250. I couldn't start it. I found a lot of rodent damage to many small hoses leading to the carburetor. I'm have the manual, but I cannot find an overview of what the hoses do and where they go. Can some one provide an overview of what these hoses are and where they go? I can provide photos if needed.

I can also use an overview of the vacuum system. I think there's damage there too.

Thanks.
Leo

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Since your bike is early 90’s you most likely have the non vacuum operated fuel petcock, (On/Off/Res). So you should have one line running from the fuel petcock to the fuel pump, then from the fuel pump to the carb. This will be your main fuel feed. You should also have a vacuum line running from your fuel pump to the carb as well. From there you should also have one vent line that runs up and under the shift panel typically connected to a “T” fitting, or just tied up someplace. If rodents chewed or damaged your fuel or vacuum lines, I highly recommend replacing all the lines just to have that piece of mind. Small maintenance like that can go a long way to ensuring your bike runs smoothly and correctly.

Reactions: Tjakes680

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced one hose. The others were fine. There is a video [Schneids15 Tech Tip #1] that explained the routing of the hoses. It's all back together and running as well as it ever has, which isn't great but gets the job done.

Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Yes, Shneids15 has a lot of good how to videos on the old King Quads and Quadrunners. I put up a pinned hot link to his YouTube channel up on the Forum I believe in the repair and maintenance section of the Forum. Glad you got it up a running.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great glad you're going. I'd suggest replacing all the rubber tubing, particularly the fuel line as they deteriorate inside. Just a maintenance thing on the old bikes. I also replace the o rings under the valve adapter caps.
I've got a 86, 92, 93 n 2000 suzukis oops grandson just got a 90cc bike from Santa.
Have fun n stay safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts