Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 KQ750 with the OEM suzuki HD bumpers. I have a warn winch mount as well. I am trying to install the warn front plow mount, but it appears that the HD bumper will get in the way of installation.

Question: Did Warn seriously design their plow setup to NOT work with the OEM bumper? Or am I missing something basic? I can't be the only one who has tried this combo. Nowhere did I read that there was compatibility issues with warn and the oem parts.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
KingQuad frames have changed very little over the years. The KQ changes are mostly cosmetic but the bare bones are mostly the same. When i bought a KFI plow mount it was listed as fitting every KQ ever made but there was an extra bracket welded on with the 2019 redesign. So the mount did not fit quite right and KFI told me just the slide it forward which i did not like.

Point to my story is 99.9% chance the warn mount has probbaly been unchanged since the first KQ700. So with the 2019 redesign there may be issues with it working like hitting a optional big metal bumper that was never considered in Warns original design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KingQuad frames have changed very little over the years. The KQ changes are mostly cosmetic but the bare bones are mostly the same. When i bought a KFI plow mount it was listed as fitting every KQ ever made but there was an extra bracket welded on with the 2019 redesign. So the mount did not fit quite right and KFI told me just the slide it forward which i did not like.

Point to my story is 99.9% chance the warn mount has probbaly been unchanged since the first KQ700. So with the 2019 redesign there may be issues with it working like hitting a optional big metal bumper that was never considered in Warns original design.
Yea. It is just odd that I haven't seen any other complaints about it. It looks like I can make it work by cutting off and remaking the mounting tabs spaced further apart on the plow mount, and using longer bolts. It just hurts to cut up a brand new setup that cost me over 1K just so I can make it work. I'll get over it. I'll post back with my results so anyone finding this thread in the future knows what's up.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Yea. It is just odd that I haven't seen any other complaints about it. It looks like I can make it work by cutting off and remaking the mounting tabs spaced further apart on the plow mount, and using longer bolts. It just hurts to cut up a brand new setup that cost me over 1K just so I can make it work. I'll get over it. I'll post back with my results so anyone finding this thread in the future knows what's up.
Welcome to the forum. I agree, who wants to hack up a new installation to “make it fit”. Let us know how it works out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts