Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 vinson 500, what can i do to up the power on it and maybe gain a stronger powerband?
thanks in advance and best regards

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe a full exhaust and a [email protected] or UNI type air filter? Also jet it of course? I guarantee you would see results from that. These type of atvs aren't really made to be modded out and stuff like the 450rs and stuff. But It can be done I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did you do what LTZ400rider said? Mine is completely built, utilizing all of those components and then some on an 02 vinson, guess what,.................DO IT!!!!!, it's awesome....take your time and do it right though....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well if you want more bottom end, my Mod#3 works great on the Vinson.
This will lower your take off ratio by 22%
And in return lower the engine braking down 22%
and no loss to top speed!
The best bang for your buck!
Check out my web site if you are interested.
Thanks
Coop45

·
Registered
2 Posts
What size jet would need to be used in an 03 vinson if you added a t4 procircuit pipe, k&n air filter, and a snorkel kit? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the Dial-a-Jet over a jet kit, for its ability to be adjusted outside of the carb.

I take a couple trips a year to WV and with 15 minutes of time I can adjust for altitude or temperature. It works great and I have had 0 issues with it in 4 years. Check out its website before you pull your carb apart.

I also installed a spark plug capacitor from Direct Hits. I had an immediate improvement in throttle response and picked up a few MPH on my top end.

I also have an HMF exhaust, K&N filter, and clutch kit. I have ridden my Vinson thruough 3' deep water, in mud, snow, various altitudes, no problems. In WV my ATV topped out at 60mph with 27" tires. I thought that was pretty good. In comparison my stock '05 Kingquad 700, with 26" tires topped out at 64mph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts