Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!!
I have a 2005 Vinson manual transmission that was fully submerged in a lake for a few days, years ago. The speedometer stopped working then. The back light comes on, but no LCD. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 Vinson Automatic for $500, parts bike. Anybody know if the speedometer assembly if universal? Will one from an automatic work with a manual shift bike? Will it display what number gear it is in or?????

Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
What model Vinson do you have..?

Vinson 4WD (LT-A500F)
Vinson 4WD (LT-A500FB)
Vinson 4WD (LT-A500FC)
Vinson 4WD (LT-F500F)
Vinson 4WD (LT-F500FC)

There’s also 4 different speedometer models, (K4, K5, K6, K7. All have different part#’s. The speedometer part numbers between the automatic and the manual Vinsons appear to be different from what I can tell. So I’m not entirely sure swapping either speedometer from bike to bike will work. But maybe someone else on the Forum will chime in and confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
Sometimes it’s not just a simple fix unfortunately, lol. If you go to (https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/c/suzuki_atv_2005/parts), look up your model Vinson and the one you purchased. Then scroll down the parts fiche to speedometer and cross reference the part number against one another to see if you can use them. From what I can tell you can’t between the manual and automatic Vinson. I’m assuming because one display is probably configured differently then the automatic. The manual Vinson most likely shows what gear your in, whereas the automatic Vinson will most likely tell you if your in neutral, high, low, or reverse. Different screen layout I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Partzilla web sight says the spedo SPEEDOMETER ASSY 34100-03G60 (which is yours)

Fits these models

Suzuki ATV 2004 VINSON 4WD - LT-A500FC Speedometer

Suzuki ATV 2004 VINSON 4WD - LT-A500FB Speedometer

Suzuki ATV 2005 VINSON 4WD - LT-A500F SPEEDOMETER (MODEL K4/K5)

Suzuki ATV 2004 VINSON 4WD - LT-A500F SPEEDOMETER (MODEL K4/K5)

Suzuki ATV 2006 EIGER AUTO 4WD - LT-A500F SPEEDOMETER (MODEL K4/K5)

Suzuki ATV 2007 VINSON 4WD - LT-A500F SPEEDOMETER (MODEL K4/K5)

Go to this link and click on part #1.....it will show you what models it will fit....as above
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/atv/2005/vinson-4wd-lt-a500f/speedometer-model-k4-k5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I have the same Vinson as you. I got a speedometer from ebay and it was for a automatic and it doesn't work with what gear it's in. And it doesn't give a fuel gauge reading. You need to get the correct one for your vinson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts