Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does anyone know what does the green wires do in a neutral switch, ive install a arctic cat 500 motor on my vinson and forget to change the switch, and now motor almost all install, its not the same clip and this switch dont have the green wires like the vinson do, but i was thinking cutting and splicing both connector, thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
7,302 Posts
The neutral safety switch does two things. First it will not work if it’s gone bad or has some kind of fault. And I believe it also acts as a fail safe so you can’t start your quad in gear unless (Equipped) using the handbrake. When it’s gone bad it also cuts all power to the electric starter. Though most times it’ll still work using the recoil starter if your Atv is (Equipped) with one. As long as it’s definitely in neutral. And it’ll prevent the neutral light from illuminating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, but is there a way to know what the role of the green wires? i see some post ppl bypass these switch so they start in all gear but im wandering what else it will do if its missing one wire, the vinson have 5 gold dot and the arctic cat only 4 on the switch, i wander if one will be for the park, i really dont want to split the case again to go change thats switch, just finish redoing all the transmission, wish i will have spot it before closing the engine. :S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts