Suzuki ATV Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I let my Ozark sit for a year in ON position and now starts but can't run 5 feet off choke. Replaced plug but same problem no power off choke. Oil looks not fuel contamination but res PRI peacock might be problem ? R the peacock bolts 10mm ? It just drop down and off right ?

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
2 Posts
IMG_20200702_0932375.jpg
IMG_20200702_0932451.jpg
IMG_20200702_0933446.jpg

I let my Ozark sit for a year in ON position and now starts but can't run 5 feet off choke. Replaced plug but same problem no power off choke. Oil looks not fuel contamination but res PRI peacock might be problem ? R the peacock bolts 10mm ? It just drop down and off right ?

Thanks
Patrick
Update; I'm draining fuel via the PRI mode as nothing flows using RES or ON. Why is that happening ?

What hose is pictured coming off carb side just behind the chock chamber ? The other end is free floating with three small vents hole showing at end of hose.

Many thanks, I've never worked on ATV other than plug and oil changes.

Patrick

·
Registered
14 Posts
question

new member and am not sure if this is the place to ask but I have a 2003 eiger 400 quad runner auto. I have three hoses that seem to go nowhere one is clear and comes off of the fan and runs back by the carb but it is not hooked to anything and two black ones under the seat one is 1/2 inch and the other looks to be 1/4 inch. Can anyone tell me where they are suppose to connect or if they are suppose to connect to anything, Thanks
They do not hook up to anything. They are air tubes. Had me confused for awhile also. :)

·
Registered
LTF4WD 1989 LTA500F 2001
14 Posts
A Great post. My 2 cents are I have a Quadmaster ON, PRI, RES. The quad had gas in the crank case even though it was in ON position (Off when engine not running...or meant to be). I took apart the petcock and found damage to the smiley face rubber gasket. I turned it around and hoped it would seal.... nope! So waiting for a petcock rebuild kit from fortnine in Canada and will also add an in line on/off valve to make 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Twosuzukiatv
The gas was entering your crank case via the vacuum hose with the defective diaphragm .

·
Registered
LTF4WD 1989 LTA500F 2001
14 Posts
Petock for the Quadmaster revamped. The rebuild kit did the job. Took the tank off and she's tight in the on position.
Here's an idea of the contents in the kit from Moose racing.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts