Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is just a regional issue, or global.... It appears that the pandemic has created a shortage of ATVs in my area (NY, NJ). I am seeing few used ATVs in the usual places like Craigslist and EBay . New ATVs are also in short supply, but this has been an issues since last spring.
I am from Long Island and needed to travel to New Hampshire to buy my 2020 KQ. I sold my 2006 Vinson to the first person that came to see it. My emails blew up when I listed it.

Is anyone else seeing similar activity in your area?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had to drive 5 hours one way for my youngest daughters 2019 used 4 wheeler recently. The dealership in West Houston said they had record sales last June; I thought is was a supply problem.
IMG_2523.JPG

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to drive 5 hours one way for my youngest daughters 2019 used 4 wheeler recently. The dealership in West Houston said they had record sales last June; I thought is was a supply problem. View attachment 20617
You are correct. It is a supply problem . As I understand it, it was created because ATV production lines shut down at the same time people were looking for outdoor (read safe) recreational activities. Therefore, you had a lessened supply combined with an increase in demand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer in Conroe told me the same thing. Demand coupled with a smaller supply made for thin deals for ATV's. I grabbed what I could.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer in Conroe told me the same thing. Demand coupled with a smaller supply made for thin deals for ATV's. I grabbed what I could.
I got lucky. I found exactly what I wanted at the right price and even in the color I wanted. It was just a drive to get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got lucky. I found exactly what I wanted at the right price and even in the color I wanted. It was just a drive to get it.
Hey...so did I! Went from a Yamaha Big Bear 350 with carb issues to a 2019 KQ400 fuelie that runs like a dream and everything works! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
Guess I bought my 2019 KQ 750 SE+ at the right time. Though it wasn’t a 2020 model, it was on sale. Ended up paying $11,999 instead of $13,999 with a 3 year warranty and a free Warn winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts