Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a 500axi with power steering today and thought it was in ok condition. The buyer didn’t seem very knowledgeable in the machine. The quad has 36 hours, so pretty new. There was some dirt residue on it which isn’t a huge deal, but I thought it was cleaner, via the original pics.
My main concern right now is if it had a previous snorkel. The plastic piece that allows access to the radiator was “missing”. I didn’t look into the air box, as I was unsure where it was at the time. The thing that made me thing there was a snorkel was a mysterious tube. I didn’t notice this tube until I was looking at pictures I took after leaving.
Maybe I’m overthinking it, but it this a tube for a previous snorkel? Also what do y’all think about the dirt residue, is that a hint for deep mud riding?

This will be the first quad I’ve purchased, just trying to be thorough. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think you may be overthinking things. I wouldn't worry about the dirt residue you see. I've got more mud on mine without even leaving my driveway.

If your worried about it's mechanical condition and don't have the knowledge and experience. See if he'll let a mechanic check it out for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the seller is legit, they should have no problem at all with you having a tech look at it with or for you. If they don't want to do that, you probably don't want it anyway. I agree, with those few hours, likely not anything to be worried about. Checking for any Suzuki warranty history might not be a bad investment of time. Good luck and happy trails.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The tube is there for running winch wires. Definitely not a snorkel.

As far as dirt goes, a few mud puddles and it will be dirty everywhere. Looked pretty clean in the pics.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts