Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 300 seems to need the carb cleaned any time it sits, which is a lot. I'm tired of fighting the cramped carb in and out. I figure a cone filter and no air box or snorkel would make a huge difference. Since I use it infrequently and on dry woods trails, I'm not worried about water or mud.
Any thoughts or idea on what to buy?

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
I wouldn’t advise against going with no air box/snorkel, etc. How unfrequent do you use your 300..? Mine’s been mostly sitting with the same gas on it for the last 2 years. I’m surprised it even ran fine this summer when I took it out for a ride. I was expecting to encounter some carb issues but surprisingly everything was fine. Is your carb getting gummed up from siting too long or is it a dirt issue..? What I would suggest is this. 1. Put a inline fuel filter if you don’t already have one between the fuel pump and the carb. This will help ensure crap doesn’t enter your carb and plug up your jets. 2. If your bike sits for prolonged periods of time, buy yourself some Seafoam and put some in your tank and then fill up your tank with gas. Now run your bike for at least a good 10-15 minutes to circulate the fuel mixture through your fuel system. Seafoam is fuel stabilizer as well as a cleaner. So whenever you do use your bike it’ll help keep your carb clean and prevent gumming etc. 3. When was the last time you cleaned and re-oiled your air filter..? A improperly oiled air filter can allow small dirt particles to possibly pass right through the air filter and cause issues.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
Well I’m not sure what else to suggest. I replaced my stock foam element filter with a K&N several years back and have cleaned and oiled a it couple times. And I’ve had no issues with my 300.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you rejet the carb. The air box and snorkel setup actually restricts airflow a little. If removed it will run lean.

Mine ran terrible without airbox and snorkel attached. I left it off for easy access to the carb while tuning. And it wouldn't run right without it all hooked up.

It's a major pain to remove. But the quad was tuned for it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts