Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on a set of Sedona Mud Rebel RT's onto a set of Tusk Beartooth Rims. Haven't had the chance to run them yet but next week will be the test. Went with the 26x9 and 26x11. I Like the look and the machine definitely feels taller. I'm leaving on the Suzuki plow mount on the front so I was going to lose a bit of clearance from that with the stockers so these new tires should make up the difference. Man those 8 ply tires were kind of a bear to mount using irons ... but I got them on ok. 3 of them went on pretty good but the fourth one was Really Testing My Patients! The beads all popped in within the recommended 36 lbs max pressure. Boy those ATV tires really POP when they seat. Scared the Crap out of me on the first one.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Review: So.. Great Tires! Really an improvement over the stock Carlisle's, especially in the front. I was running 4.5 lbs (cold) in each tire and the one time I checked them after a long gravel run of about 4 miles, they were all at just around 6 lbs, so they warmed up and gained 1.5 lbs each.... and then at the end of the day, they were all back at exactly 4.5 lbs. The side walls are so sturdy on these tires, I bet I could run even lower than 4.5 lbs. They were great on hard packed gravel and super smooth on the pavement. In some spots, we need to run quite a bit of pave and they were so much better than the stockers on the pave. Ran up to 55 mph at one point and smooth as silk on the pavement. They are a bit of fun on hard gravel with a gritty surface as well. Really Fun to fish tail them around in the rear.

They really shine in the loose rocky gravel and the slippery softy mud. Only time I needed 4wd was when we were crossing a really deep road washout, and I used it just to be safe. Very muddy bottom and water was about 1 foot over the top of my boot on the footrest. Made it thru no problem, but I got nervous when it kept getting deeper but I kind of hit the point of no return and then made it thru!

Lots of confidence in the front end. I left my suspension at stock setting (one back from softest) and the ride felt almost the same in comfort as with the stockers on. Very hard to tell the difference in softness and comfort and the performance was 100 times better. I'm glad I went with a heavy ply radial tire. They give you real confidence in steep angled circumstances and when you're going thru sharp rocky areas ... way more that the stock tires do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts