Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Customised Kingquad 700 2006
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have horses and the riding area needs to be flattened. If you zoom in on the lower pic you can see the water filled 1 ton piece of sh1t that was used before but with a tractor. the tractor was too big so we bought this specially designed thing for my atv. so long story short. i set it up. had my sister ride it, went to drive our log truck with my dad, came back and saw she had using it in high gear for more than half an hour ??. when i sat on it, the heat was burning my leg even through my heavily insulated overalls. now the transmission is acting up. revs up higher than normal. barely spins the rear wheels when accelerating and its kinda sluggish. i have no real experience with cvts. what should i look for/do when opening it up? its got 4400km and 270 h on the clock and i think the belt has never been changed. (havent owned this one since it was new). also, whats the belt width supposed to be? are there other things i should do other than changing the belt? and to stop y'all asking, i have the rear tires. just need to get them mounted.
im sorry if my english seems a bit wonky and unnatural.

received_2608922209234056.jpeg

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh yeah your sister must not have known to always use low to pull weight. Hopefully, she just fried the belt and glazed the clutch sheaves. Get yourself a service manual if you can. Not sure what the belt width spec is on your model but on a 2019 750 standard is 34.5mm (1.35in) and the limit is 33.3mm(1.32in). it’s not that difficult to take a look , clean the sheaves,rollers,etc.. and replace the belt. Theres lots of videos online , take a look.

This one is good (but does not show the secondary clutch removal and clean do a online search).

KQ CVT maintenance

Good luck and let us know you find!

·
Registered
Customised Kingquad 700 2006
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah your sister must not have known to always use low to pull weight. Hopefully, she just fried the belt and glazed the clutch sheaves. Get yourself a service manual if you can. Not sure what the belt width spec is on your model but on a 2019 750 standard is 34.5mm (1.35in) and the limit is 33.3mm(1.32in). it’s not that difficult to take a look , clean the sheaves,rollers,etc.. and replace the belt. Theres lots of videos online , take a look.

This one is good (but does not show the secondary clutch removal and clean do a online search).

KQ CVT maintenance

Good luck and let us know you find!
Opened it up as soon as the new one arrived. That thing was toast. I could see that it was thin before i started to disassemble the system a bit more. Didnt bother to open up the secondary, was able to clean it without. My dad said that it looked like a pain in the a** anyways. I cleaned everything, used a rust removal thing for the drill to clean the glazing. Now it pops unintentional wheelies. im satisfied.

·
Registered
516 Posts
good to hear bro! ??
make sure you tell your sister?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts