Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used a soft cover ? Did it stay on at 65 mph ? Which model ?
Who uses a cargo trailer ?

Its obvious that if you hunt, and drive alot of gravel roads, that little pieces of gravel and mud are always flying up, peppering the front of your trailer and bike.
A cargo trailer solves all problems, including theft, but it is bulky and odd to see a cargo trailer deep in the woods, and atv park lots. But i suppose if you could find a small enough one, it would work .

What does everyone think, other than good ol boy mudder “ ayh, we dont worry bout ..... “

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hahaha... yeah some folks don’t care. I have a softcover but its not meant to be used in motion on the trailer. Got it off eBay for like 20 bucks and it’s held up quite well so far (3yrs). I would consider getting a travel one though!
I use mine when I have to park it outside on the trail for the night , very handy when raining, snowing or parked under trees (debris and sap, etc..). I have a fold up trailer, very light and easy to store or move around. So far no issue driving on gravel roads in terms of rocks chipping the trailer front or hitting my machine. I have several locks to secure the trailer, including wheel to axle locks and tongue to prevent theft when needed (rare).
A closed in trailer is a great idea if you have room to store it and don’t mind lugging a little extra weight (gas consumption,etc..).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Its the bulk size of the enclosed trailer that holds me up on that choice.
The ideal one is a custom order, not so tall, that you push the bike into, in neutral, you not on it. Maybe grab the rear tire lugs and roll it in.

U haul has such trailers. But they Do Not sell Any whatsoever. They scrap metal the worn ones.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, I know exactly what your saying, my postage stamp property in the heart of a concrete jungle is already maxed and I cannot easily manage the bulk of another enclosed trailer.
The older I get , I dunno about pushing my 700lbs + KQ onto any trailer with the smallest incline....but I could winch it, if for some reason I can’t drive it on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i measured. My highest point is the master cylinder. Almost 5 ft tall.
So, most of them small trailers have 5 ft. Tall insides, so i’m going shopping Monday.

·
Registered
299 Posts
you looking for an enclosed trailer for 1 or 2 ATVs?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice, maybe something like this 5x8 but save some $$ and try to find a used one in decent shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A soft cover that's rated for travel will have straps and not just elastic. And exponentially cheaper than a trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts