Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Both have plenty of power for the trails I ride on. I bought the 750 over the 500 for 3 reasons.

1. Larger engine wouldn't have to work as hard
2. It was only a few hundred dollars more ($3-500)
3. Readily available

I would have been fine with either one though. These bikes are very wide for "tight trails" & you'll probably have lots of pin stripping. A sporty 2wd model may be more fun than these utility models.
IMG_2157.JPG

·
Premium Member
2019 King Quad 750
39 Posts
i have both the 750(mine) and the 500(wife). both are identical other than engine.The 750 of course, has more grunt and good response.Honestly, though, each machine can follow the other anywhere we go when riding. we've been in the sand dunes, mudding , and pure trail riding. at the end of the day, you wont go wrong with either.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Both have plenty of power for the trails I ride on. I bought the 750 over the 500 for 3 reasons.

1. Larger engine wouldn't have to work as hard
2. It was only a few hundred dollars more ($3-500)
3. Readily available

I would have been fine with either one though. These bikes are very wide for "tight trails" & you'll probably have lots of pin stripping. A sporty 2wd model may be more fun than these utility models.
i have both the 750(mine) and the 500(wife). both are identical other than engine.The 750 of course, has more grunt and good response.Honestly, though, each machine can follow the other anywhere we go when riding. we've been in the sand dunes, mudding , and pure trail riding. at the end of the day, you wont go wrong with either.

I agree with both of these statements. My 2020 KQ 750 , 2009 KQ 750 and 2006 Vinson 500 all have more than enough power to get me through any trail they have ridden. The 500 never leaves us feeling like it’s underpowered.

The only thing the Vinson lacks is Fuel Injection and independent rear suspension. The IRS smooths things out when trail riding. Obviously, the units you would be looking at have both, FI and IRS.

On the plus side, the 500 is slightly easier on fuel. I don‘t want to represent that you will save money on fuel. The difference is insignificant. However, when you are easy on the throttle with the 500, you may recognize an extended cruising range over the 750. We have witnessed that when on trips with all all three ridding together.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Agree with what’s already been stated both will meet your needs. However I would argue that imo, for ‘sport’ utility quads the EPS 500 and 750 are very lean, quick, nimble and predictable on tight trials (and all trails really) when compared to competitors in its class. I do all kinds of trail riding and maybe its the rider but when riding with my friends on true sport quads (raptor 700 and KTM 525) they are always impressed with how my 750 can stick with them on fast tight trails through the woods (I’m talking almost single track tight 😀) Seems I fair much better than my other buddies trailing behind on thier can am 650, Po Po 570 and 1000 .. The KQ is king on all types of trials imo..

I would get the 750 over the 500 for the extra power and price difference, also mechanically, if it matters to you, the 750 has the CVT updates and some engine component updates , like larger oil pump and piston oil jet for added durability over the 500..

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm with the other members regarding the 500 vs 750, for the slight price increase the 750 is the way to go. Whats the saying, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. 😁 Regarding the sport quads, unless you have ultra tight trails or there are a ton of whoops I would stick with the KingQuad. I've been on plenty of sand hill climbs, high banked corners and more with sport quads/SxS, the KingQuad won't disappoint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts