Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 700 and have been adjusting the tps position but the - before the coo will not move from the top. Tps when checked with special adjustment tool reads properly on the meters screen and adjust but acts as if the quad is not recognizing any adjustments and i do not have any FI light coming on. Wires/connectors all have been tested with multimeter to be sure are good. I am beginning to suspect a possible bad ecm but not sure

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
212 Posts
Well, I dont really know much about Tps adjustment on these motors .... so take this for what its worth, but the manual for the 2020 says .... "Check the position of the bar to the left of C code (Coo) displayed on the LCD panel. If the TP Sensor is in incorrect position (Top or Bottom are incorrect but Middle is correct), replace the throttle body assembly. It does not give any procedure for actually adjusting the tps ... so I'm not sure I am of any help here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 05 700 and have been adjusting the tps position but the - before the coo will not move from the top. Tps when checked with special adjustment tool reads properly on the meters screen and adjust but acts as if the quad is not recognizing any adjustments and i do not have any FI light coming on. Wires/connectors all have been tested with multimeter to be sure are good. I am beginning to suspect a possible bad ecm but not sure
[/QUOTE
Could it be the screen itself since it adjusts properly and I assume it is running ok? I have an 07 700 and some of the segments in the digits on the screen quit working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping that was all at first but i can move the tps around as far as it will go either way and it makes no difference on how it runs, the quad will idle and run but is running very rich and any throttle input past about half and it falls on its face, throttle inputs below half run ok but kinda rough from being so rich and idle is sounding loaded up on fuel, i know the tps is good because i have shot it with multimeter and my special tester specifically for tps sensors i also have a spare tps which is also confirmed good that acts same, its almost as if quad is in limp mode so it goes full fuel and set timing and somehow no FI light, if i unplug tps i get a FI light so i know the ecu is sensing it is connected just not any inputs from it unless there is somehow another sensor going bad that is causing a limp mode with no FI light. I have just tested my air temp sensor and it seems to be reading on cold side which would kinda explain the running rich but not so much the quad not recognizing tps adjustment. I found myself a good head scratcher here. Im tempted to buy a new ecu but trying to not just shotgun an expensive part like that if its not the problem

·
Super Moderator
1,113 Posts
I was hoping that was all at first but i can move the tps around as far as it will go either way and it makes no difference on how it runs, the quad will idle and run but is running very rich and any throttle input past about half and it falls on its face, throttle inputs below half run ok but kinda rough from being so rich and idle is sounding loaded up on fuel, i know the tps is good because i have shot it with multimeter and my special tester specifically for tps sensors i also have a spare tps which is also confirmed good that acts same, its almost as if quad is in limp mode so it goes full fuel and set timing and somehow no FI light, if i unplug tps i get a FI light so i know the ecu is sensing it is connected just not any inputs from it unless there is somehow another sensor going bad that is causing a limp mode with no FI light. I have just tested my air temp sensor and it seems to be reading on cold side which would kinda explain the running rich but not so much the quad not recognizing tps adjustment. I found myself a good head scratcher here. Im tempted to buy a new ecu but trying to not just shotgun an expensive part like that if its not the problem
I didn’t check on a stock ECU price . This is a good option for you. Especially if it works out cheaper. I had one on my 2009 KQ 750 and loved it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the idea but i have even tried taking tps off throttle body while keeping it plugged into connector and manually turning the sensor with a screw driver to hit ever possible range of the sensor and still nothing, momentarily the quad decided today it would take bout 3/4 throttle with occasional popping but shortly went back to not accepting more than about 1/4 throttle before bogging hard which is more reason im suspecting bad ecu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts