Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Tire ?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  440Tim 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the best tire set up for riding conditions here in the Northeast? Any suggestions for rims as well. Want to keep my stockers for the ice tires. Mostly trail riding and maybe try a MX track day/race. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Had a set of Interco Swamp Lites on a Kawasaki 2x4. They would go some places and climb wet hills better than a 4x4 (locked in 4x4) with stock Carlisle 489's

#4 ·
I also got interco swamp lite tires. Awsome grip. They dig deep and bite. They have deep aggressive tread. Mine are about an inch deep.
Only issue I've had the sidwall on mine says to run 7 psi. At pressure that low mine looses stability at higher speeds on hard surfaces. But i do very little driving on hard ground or roads so its not a problem for me. I've just left them at 7 psi.
The other set of swamp lites i got are a different size and say to run 15 psi. I haven't mounted them to try them yet...
I need to fix the quad i got them for.
Overall have to say i really like them. If i didn't i would not have got a second set.
I've pulled my 3x5 firewood trailer through mud clay loose loamy soil through thick brush over logs and small stumps and up muddy hills. No problem.
Don't know if you're worried about it but they tear up the ground pretty good. Might not want to drive them on your lawn.
Snapped couple pics of a pair in my garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.