Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a '14 KQ 500 with stock tires I would like to upgrade with little to no modifications will 26x9x12 (Fr) and 26x11x12 (R) fit without modifications

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Yes they’ll fit. Though you may lose a bit of performance depending on how heavy the tires are. If you don’t want to mod it whatsoever then stay with the stock size of 25”. But if you don’t care about a bit of performance loss. Then go ahead with 26”. It can also be remedied by shimming the clutch. That will restore most of your low end power. For full performance gains doing the “Coop” mod is what’s needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Donkeyman40

·
Registered
130 Posts
That seems like a lot of effort to raise the atv by 1/2". I just upgraded to Kenda HTR's and stuck with stock sized tires. They will probably be heavier anyway; why stress the bike even more with larger diameter tires. The closer to stock, the less headache you'll have.
IMG_2062.JPG

·
Registered
568 Posts
most all OEMS engineer their atvs to handle 1” increase in tire size safely without any compromise to drive train components dependabilty and reliability. lighter is always better regardless..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got a '14 KQ 500 with stock tires I would like to upgrade with little to no modifications will 26x9x12 (Fr) and 26x11x12 (R) fit without modifications
I am willing to bet any aftermarket tire is going to be heavier than stock, however if you look for tires that on the lighter end you should not have any issues in stock form.

·
Registered
568 Posts
@Js7FIFTY you would win that bet for sure😀. The lightest tires I’ve found in 25”or 26” are Maxxis Big Horns, and in 26” size they are 27lbs heavier than stock total. The 25” would still be heavier than stock...

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Duro Powergrip V2 weigh in about exactly the same weight as the bighorn 2.0s for a 26 inch tire and lighter than both the original bighorns and the 3.0 ( the 3.0s have identicle weight total for 4 tires as the Bearclaw HTRs). In Rocky Mountains comparison for all terrain tires they said it had better punture resistance, and was a better choice for smaller displacement atvs.
Hi guys, just got a 2020 kingquad 500 axi Saturday . I want to change the tires on it. I am thinking about the duro powergrips . I had a set on a side by side I sold and like them on it . So what do u guys think? Should I put them on the quad or not? If not, what would u guys put on it? It will used for trail riding and for hunting/fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts