Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a Suzuki quadrunner 160 for my son. He is wanting to get mud tires on it. The tires he wants are 22/11-8. The rim diameter is 8. But will these tires be too wide/tall for his ATV. I want to make sure they will fit before I buy... any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
280 Posts
While I don't own a Quadrunner 160 I can't see it being a issue as long as these are only going on the rear. The tire size you listed is the same height as the stock tire (22x10x8) and only 1" wider. To be safe have a quick look at the stock tire and see if there is anything on the frame side that is within 1/2" of impacting the side of the stock tire for reference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bigger tires can assuredly help you gain ground clearance and traction in sand, deep mud, snow or uneven terrain. As a general rule, most vehicles can safely handle an increase in tire size one or even two sizes larger than stock.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure for a quadrunner 160. But with my Quadrunner 250 i measured it. Gave it a little room for tire flex and loading. 1 in. wider front and rear was no problem.

As a side note the tires i chose changed the way it handles a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts