Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 king quad 300 with only 300 origenal miles rear right is tilted in a the bottom i dont see any adjustments with that kind of suspension nothing bent dented or dinged under there

·
Super Moderator
7,501 Posts
Hey. I have a 2000 Suzuki King Quad 300 myself. Though i've never seen one tire in like you describe, both the rear tires usually have a negative camber like this: \-/. Sometimes you might even get a camber like this also: /-\. However this will not damage your atv.

Though one of your shocks might not be adjusted properly and that might not be a good thing. Check at the bottom of your rear shocks and you should see something that looks like a silver cup with notches on it. That is your adjustment to determine wether you want a softer or stiffer suspension. A softer suspension will result with a camber like this: /-\, and a stiffer suspension will result with a camber like this \-/. So if you have one rear wheel that is tilted in at the bottom but the other isn't, you might wanna check your suspension to see if they are both set correctly. That being the same number on each side. Example: If you set the left rear at number three, you should set the right rear the same. Hope this helps.

Kenda Bear Claws
12,000 Km/s

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jack the back end up and spin the rim to make sure it is not bent or warped. you will see a slight positive camber if your shocks are set to firmest setting. there are no camber adjustments on these machines. check out my recent post on front wheel camber. you may have to cut and weld or something to fix it if someone has hit a curb or something at some time... you may not be able to see or measure the actual bend in frame or suspension. I couldn't with mine but the camber problem was obvious

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Check for bad wheel bearings,or worn control arm bushings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts