Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Any of you ever have a situation where the throttle cable is cranked too tight at the linkage to where there's no play at the thumb control and the cable is literally holding the throttle open without the idle speed screw even touching the linkage? I discovered this on my Vinson recently. This is after I tried running the mix/pilot screw all the way in and it didn't even kill the engine and the idle speed screw seemingly didn't do anything when turned inward. I found a combination of stupid things going on after having it at the shop twice in the past. The carb wasn't even fully tightened down on both ends at the clamps. But this, basically, was the throttle cable acting like the idle speed screw instead of the screw actually doing it's job. smh.

To add to that the guy that worked on it said he enriched my fuel mixture. Well a couple weekends ago that screw fell out on me. It literally landed on top of the engine along with the spring and washer. I really don't think I'll be going back anymore... I'll do my own repairs now. lol.

After these pics were taken I did loosen it back up and got it how it should be as far as I can tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your linkage in the carburetor at the shaft is either gummed up or the cable is binding
To check which is the culprit, remove the end of the cable and see if the linkage snaps to the closed position. If it does not you may have to lube it up with some pb blaster. My carb is pretty much garbage and would not move(linkage frozen from sitting for yrs outside) and i almost have it 💯 by soaking it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts