Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, new user ... trying to register was the 1st big hassle ... come on sheeples ... its quads not an NSA site ... lighten that process up, then when i go to the forum ... there is no new thread button ... there is no help button .... there is no FAQ button ... ha & when i search for the thread from google that brought me here .... fuel injector problem ... your search doesnt come up with it ! Whats not to love ???
So Im going back to the forum to grope about some more ... & the reason behind all of my hassles here ...is i wanted to share some info ... not ask for anything : [ : [

& fwiw im quite familiar w/ other forums ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it keeps getting un-better ... i go to the forum start a new thread (there was a button on that page) type a full page & go to post & the site kicks me & my page to the cybercurb ...poof gone ... but having been burned a few times on functional foros ... i wisely cut n pasted'd it off to notepad ... so i'll try again ... touche touche ...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Once you have signed in you will find the new threads to the right of the screen under your welcome back User cp, I do agree it could use some work on the search engine.
Cheers!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
If typing a new thread/post on a PC, in most instances if you take longer then 10-15 minutes to complete your text, the minute you hit send the system will usually sign you out and you will loose your post. It happened to me several times before I learnt to copy my text before I hit send. That way if I got booted out I could simply paste my text back and I wouldn't have lost anything. Not sure why the system does this but it is what it is.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If typing a new thread/post on a PC, in most instances if you take longer then 10-15 minutes to complete your text, the minute you hit send the system will usually sign you out and you will loose your post. It happened to me several times before I learnt to copy my text before I hit send. That way if I got booted out I could simply paste my text back and I wouldn't have lost anything. Not sure why the system does this but it is what it is.
Timeouts on websites are quite common. It cleans up connections to the web server in turn reducing resource utilization, minimizing the amount of hardware resources to run the site (read this as keeping costs down).

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We don't want the spam so the signup process is tough and once you get used to the rest of it then it's just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts