Suzuki ATV Forum banner
341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,791 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I just bought myself a 2019 KQ 750 just before the May long weekend. So far I love it and so does the wife. Still have the old trusty 300, for now at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, from Hiawatha National Forest in the beautiful UP of Michigan. I'm 65 yrs old and retired, love to fish, hunt and trap. I run an extensive coyote line on my 1997 King Quad, and it's been a mule every since I purchased it. As my pappy always said "feed and take care of your horse before yourself and it always take care of you. Always take care of my quad before myself. No kids, just the wife of 31 years come Sept.

·
Super Moderator
8,791 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Minnesota. Just picked up a 2020 750SE in the matte black. 20200820_144519[1].jpg Had1995 and 2000 Polaris sportsman in the past. Love to hit the trails up north and wanted something new for ice fishing. I have a couple of hours on it already and just want to see what others are doing with their quads. Son has a Brute Force 750 with some mods and we will see how they compare.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 400asi
7 Posts
Hello from Western MD. Picked up a brand new KQ 400asi at the end of June and it's my first ATV. My cabin is located in an ATV-friendly community so I finally pulled the trigger on one after couple of years of riding mountain bikes. I had it delivered straight to my door and I have yet to purchase a trailer as all my riding has been around my property... There are 50+ miles of trails surrounding my house. Of course no trailer means "DIY" when it comes to maintenance and things and that's why i am here.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
37 Posts
Hello from Minnesota. Just picked up a 2020 750SE in the matte black. View attachment 20132 Had1995 and 2000 Polaris sportsman in the past. Love to hit the trails up north and wanted something new for ice fishing. I have a couple of hours on it already and just want to see what others are doing with their quads. Son has a Brute Force 750 with some mods and we will see how they compare.
You definitely won't be disappointed with your purchase. I've got about 20 or so hours on my '20 750 and it's awesome, a huge change from the '03 vinson (still got it, running strong!). I've added a Warn vrx25 winch, 14" ITP wheels with mud lite 2 tires, full iron Baltic HDPE skids, uni filter, and hmf pipe and optimizer. If I did it again I'd get the set of skids very first. They've saved me a few headaches already, and there's plenty of power that the filter/exhaust would've probably been last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i am from Australia(NSW) i own a cattle and sheep farm ,1800 acres with plenty of riding to do when not chasing livestock around :), i own 2011 king quad 400cc and 300cc nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
2018 Suzuki King Quad 400
9 Posts
Hello from SE Pa! I'm a 69 yr old hunter, shooter, and fisherman, who got his first ATV in 2019 because of becoming "disabled" with a serious heart condition, and having a generous, understanding wife who understood that the next deer I had to drag could be my last.

She's a glutton for punishment, so she bought me a King Quad 400 to keep me alive when she figured out I wouldn't stop hunting! So far so good. We have a winch, and a plow on the ATV and I don't even have to shovel snow anymore!

GREAT NEW TOY!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,791 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Having a atv to hunt and do yard work is awesome. I’ve had a atv since ‘99 when bought my very first, a 2000 Suzuki King Quad 300. Been a very reliable quad and is tough as nails. Just recently upgraded to a Suzuki King Quad 750 SE+ this year. Great quad, and my wife and I both love it. Still have my 300 but it’s sat idle pretty much all summer. And I’m no stranger to heart issues as well. I’ve been fortunate enough to have two heart transplants. One in 1989, and another in 2017. Wouldn’t be here otherwise.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750 PS
1 Posts
As the Bob Seger song goes....Turn The Page.

I can't believe I just sold my '09 KTM XCW-300 that I had set-up for my height and weight. Complete with E-start, all the guarding, stabilizer, lights, street tag, rear trials tire, a real Mac Daddy. I sold it in less than 12 hours on Cycle Trader and had guys calling and wanting it from 3 states.

At age 59 I had to re-examine my off-road gig after getting knocked out for the first time in my life while riding up in MI. Before I came to I had a vision of my wife holding the hand of a small boy who looked up at her, while I laid on the ground. He asked her......"Grandma, why is grandpa in a wheel chair". Well here's your sign I heard the good Lord tell me. So after having several close calls the last couple of years I decided to let the 2 wheeler go. And OBTW- my youngest daughter (26) and her hubby are blessing the wife and I with our first grandbaby in June. And I am NOT in a wheelchair.
So I sold the Katoom and am now on a new 2020 KQ750. Glad to see I can still have fun some off road on a quad. After shopping long and hard for a 4 wheeler I and am happy with my new purchase.

This site seems decent and I have been putting it to some good use lately. I will contribute my share.

·
Super Moderator
8,791 Posts
Congrats on the new 2020 KQ 750. I’m sure you’ll love it. I love my 2019 KQ 750. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My name is John and I am not really a mechanic. I am 50 years old and my real job is working as a Med Surg nurse at a local hospital here in Pennsylvania. I enjoy tinkering with quads and dirt bikes in my garage as a hobby and to keep my mind active. There is also some great riding out my way. The Pennsylvania Allegheny National Forest ATV trails are about 2 hours north of me and the West Virginia Hatfield-McCoy ATV trails are a few hours south.
I've owned a lot dirt bikes and ATV's over the years, the oldest being a 1974 Yamaha DT360 enduro while in high school. I just sold my 1991 Kawasaki KDX200 this fall for something new and exciting. I searched craigslist and picked up a 1999 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 because I was curious about the rear independent suspension and 4x4 on such a small quad. It needs a little work, the front brakes are sticking, the front boots needed replaced, the muffler is rusted out and it has a slipping clutch. Normal wear and tear for a 4k mile quad and within my mechanical abilities, with a little help.
The first thing I always do when purchasing a new machine is pick up a service manual. I also use the internet extensively searching you-tube and forums, which is how I found you all! I like to contribute as much as I take away and this forums is loaded with some very useful information, so I hope I can also give back a little.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome and looking forward to your future posts.

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
My name is John and I am not really a mechanic. I am 50 years old and my real job is working as a Med Surg nurse at a local hospital here in Pennsylvania. I enjoy tinkering with quads and dirt bikes in my garage as a hobby and to keep my mind active. There is also some great riding out my way. The Pennsylvania Allegheny National Forest ATV trails are about 2 hours north of me and the West Virginia Hatfield-McCoy ATV trails are a few hours south.
I've owned a lot dirt bikes and ATV's over the years, the oldest being a 1974 Yamaha DT360 enduro while in high school. I just sold my 1991 Kawasaki KDX200 this fall for something new and exciting. I searched craigslist and picked up a 1999 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 because I was curious about the rear independent suspension and 4x4 on such a small quad. It needs a little work, the front brakes are sticking, the front boots needed replaced, the muffler is rusted out and it has a slipping clutch. Normal wear and tear for a 4k mile quad and within my mechanical abilities, with a little help.
The first thing I always do when purchasing a new machine is pick up a service manual. I also use the internet extensively searching you-tube and forums, which is how I found you all! I like to contribute as much as I take away and this forums is loaded with some very useful information, so I hope I can also give back a little.
Welcome to the forum John. You are from a beautiful part of the US. My son and I frequently ride PA. Everything from NE PA, to Central PA...( Lost Trails in Dunmore , what was NWORC Simpson PA to Hancock NY, AOAA, SSRTT Snow Shoe, Bloody Skillet, Whiskey Springs, Coudersport...). We have also done Hatfield McCoy. PA is our favorite place to ride so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is Eddie, I am 21 years old. I'm am an automotive mechanic. I just picked up a 07 Suzuki 500 for free cause it had a blown motor hehe. I am new to the ATV world, but know basic mechanics, so I'm hoping with the right guidance from experts around here, I can get to know my new quad fast and fix it. Happy to meet y'all!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I'm new to this forum, I own a 2001 suzuki jr80 and 2004 suzuki vinson 500. I'm rebuilding the jr80 from the base up and currently am having electric issues with the Vinson. I hope to learn as much as I can and get back on the trails ASAP. I enjoy working on atvs and am looking for some pointers an bounce some ideas to an from some experts here.

·
Super Moderator
8,791 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. If your looking for help, you’ve definitely come to the right place. We’ll do our best within our abilities to answer any and all atv related questions you may have.

·
Registered
2005 Eiger 400 Auto
18 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm Terry.

I just picked up a 2005 Eiger 400 4x4 Automatic.

It's in pretty good shape, only shows 660 miles on the odo. I'm waiting on a new main harness for it as the original was damaged by what appears to be a small fire. It runs fine, but I want to get that taken care of before it becomes a problem.

I'll probably have lots of questions and plenty of reading to do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Reactions: TerryD
341 - 360 of 371 Posts