Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll start this.

My name is Thomas I'm 40 years old and divorced I'm disabled because of an accident I had where I stretched every ligament tendon and muscle in my left knee I've had 2 massive heart attacks that should have killed me but luckily I survived. I used to enjoy working on anything Automotive, I'm a computer and ATV enthusiast but because of everything wrong I'm not able to do as much as I would like to. I also enjoy playing games on my Xbox360. I live in West Central Illinois but I am originally from Shreveport Louisiana. I love to fish and hunt as well as spending time with my family and living a nice simple country life. That is all I can think of at this time, if I can think of anything else I will edit this post.

THOMAS

·
Registered
407 Posts
My name is james, I'm 40 years old Married to a little texas Hottie..we have 3 girls ranging from 5 up to 22 years old..So paying the college thing has cut way into dads piggy bank!! I work hard to play hard. I dont drink or Smoke never have..Try to stay fit with riding mtn bikes and road pedel bikes..My time is limited..I enjoy being with family as a unit. or any way i can get them..
I live just north of Charlotte nc up by a big lake..I like boating,tubing, jet sking,Atv and Dirt bike riding. My wife tells me I need to grow up at least 3 times a week..My response is when they plant me toes up then I will.. I won back in 2001 6th place 4 Stroke B class Nc state championship hare scrambles in dirt bikes.
I ride a 02 Ktm 520 exc and like to go fast or putt around with the kids. I fly Rc airplanes and Heli's. along with my rc 4x4 Nitro truck yea its fast 45 mph on the wheelie bar.
I'm just an old reformed farmboy that grew up kinda poor..But now likes to kick it around with friends and family and toys.
I work on Aerial hydraulic lift units/Digger Derrick/Cranes and heavy equipment out in the field.. Love my job learn I something new every day..Thats about it ..me in a nutshell. look forward to sticking around a bit..I hope soon with a new to me quad..

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy James(one of my best friends name, should be easy to remember) I am hoping as I have told you before to purchase me a new KQ750axi as well, mine will have 2 inch lift, 28 inch Laws, ITP ss108 wheels, 3000lb winch, Submarine Snorkel kit, Rad relocation kit, HMF Swamp series exhaust, Stick Stoppers front and rear, full skid plate, and front and rear bumpers. I'm glad to have you here and look forward to seeing what you are able to get.
BTW thank you for taking the time to tell us about yourself, I hope more people will do the same as it helps with knowing more about the people we talk to and help out on here.

THOMAS

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It good to see a fellow RC;ER here.

·
Registered
407 Posts
THomas, Thanks..WOW that sure sounds like a mean geter done machine you will have. I have seen a few down your way on Craigslist setup just as you described. Me and my wife spent our Honeymoon in Shreveport pretty cool place..She use to live in the Piney woods of Texas till I Snatched her up wahooo!!
Yea I'm hoping to keep my new 4x4 mostly stock Due to mtn riding..Same size tires but more aggressives better looking rims of course. Get some skidz for the belly and a 2500lbs winch and maybe bumpers..Not planning on doing the Mud Bogging altough I see how it would be a blast with the correct rig.. I have a friend Down east His wife rides a 660 Grizz 2" lift with 28 inchers she gets it done for sure..rides at busco Beach..I enjoy watching the swampers But really like Trail riding..

·
Registered
407 Posts
It good to see a fellow RC;ER here.
Thanks, I sure do Miss It..Raced for 3 or so years hard off and on..Met my Now Wife and walked away..She had Allergys real bad and stayed sick from supporting me out in the woods..I Mostly used Ktm equipment..ktm 1995 250 sx, ktm 1998 300 exc.
present ktm 2002 520 exc big bore..Its hard to beat them ausies:D..Alot of my friends ran suzuki..Awesome Machines!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I really like flying my planes,but usually i say its to windy and get my quad out.LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm 49,married for 25yrs with two girls (17 & 12) and live in a small mountainous town "we say grace and we say mam".
We camp as a family almost every other week-end from early spring til bow season.

I'm an avid mtn biker and backpacker and have been hunting and fishing all my life.I like to hunt mushrooms in the spring also.

I never did drugs but drank a lot of whiskey in my younger years,only drink wine occasionally now.

Favorite group of all time is Alabama but my kids now have me listening to stuff like the Black eyed peas and Rihanna.......not bad.:)

Atv's is my latest hobby and have miles of trails behind the house.I'm on my 700 KQ almost every day either working or playing.My oldest daughter has a Yamaha 250 and we ride together a lot.
Looking to add Itp wheels on my KQ,probably SS212's.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I like to hunt those dryland fish myself bird.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
44 years old hear,wife and daughter always by my side,disabled coal miner.Repair atvs as a hobby and a rc pilot for over 25 years,love to hunt and camp as long as my atv is invited.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm 49,married for 25yrs with two girls (17 & 12) and live in a small mountainous town "we say grace and we say mam".
We camp as a family almost every other week-end from early spring til bow season.

I'm an avid mtn biker and backpacker and have been hunting and fishing all my life.I like to hunt mushrooms in the spring also.

I never did drugs but drank a lot of whiskey in my younger years,only drink wine occasionally now.

Favorite group of all time is Alabama but my kids now have me listening to stuff like the Black eyed peas and Rihanna.......not bad.:)

Atv's is my latest hobby and have miles of trails behind the house.I'm on my 700 KQ almost every day either working or playing.My oldest daughter has a Yamaha 250 and we ride together a lot.
Looking to add Itp wheels on my KQ,probably SS212's.
I'm totally with you on saying grace and mam..Not much of that around these days. Post up some pic of the kq 700..A friend of mine has an 05 model that has a few gremlins he's working out..I'm itching to ride the Darn thing!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Does seem like there is no respect anymore,When i grew up respect was easy to come by,if not a couple slap downs and you would find respect in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
In quick reply click on GO ADVANCED,From there you can upload pics.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Posting pics?

I got pics but need to learn how to post them,not real computer savvy....yet.
Best way is to find a host like photobucket.com its free. load them to computer the go to photobucket and once you sign up download them to resize them then hit the link copy and paste img..once you do it a time or to you will be a pro. I need to get some up myself on here..I'm off vacating this week and lusting over all the king quads on here and other places..Give me or others a shout we would be glad to help. ..Burr its cold outside..

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You got it,great job.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I was going to say you got your work cut out for yah,but i noticed the log splitter in the background.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Hi, my name is Al, and i live in a small town called Iroquois Falls. It's located way North in Canada. I am happily married to my wife who i met on a chat place called ICQ. We've been married for a little over 4 years now, but have been together for a little over 8 years. In the year 1989, i was diagnosed with a condition called cardiomyopathy. That is a condition that affects the heart muscle. After being diagnosed with this condition, roughly 3 months later i received the ultimate gift. A heart transplant..!!

Now 32, life is going well for me. Only down side is, i am unable to have any kids. Doctors figure it's from all the medication that i take. I take over (30) pills a day. My main pill weakens my immune system somewhat, and the others mostly control heart rhythm ect. So life there for me has it's up and downs.

As for the active part of my life, i love riding the trails on my 2000 KQ 300 4x4. I also love to do the odd mud run too but hate cleaning my quad afterwards..lol. Another one of my passions is hunting. Mostly grouse, but sometimes i go with my buddy for moose when he goes. Playing PS3 is also another one of my pass times. I also love to go swimming at the local complex too when time permits. So all in all life is good. Safe riding everyone.

Kenda Bear Claws
12,000 km/s

1 - 20 of 362 Posts