Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 500 kingquad from 2013 that has taken the abuse I throw at it like a champ. I ride it hard and check it over every couple rides and it has been great. Recently I noticed that the rear sway bar has some side to side play(no vertical play at all). It can move about 1/4 inch from side to side of the atv. I’ve done my research and found out that an old bushing is likely the cause. Research also said that it would make some noises or vibrate if a bushing is bad but none of that has happened the sway bar is just loose Ever so slightly. I checked all of the other places the bar connects to(on the a arms) and they are solid and have now play. i’ve ridden it a few times with the sway bar loose and noticed no change in ride quality or handling at all, it still rides like it’s fresh from the factory. Any thoughts? And if it is a bushing we’re could I get a decent replacement bushing? Thanks in advance

This is it on both sides as far is its play allows it To move. It has some small wear scars on it As can be seen.

This is it pushed all the way to one side. This is it pushed to the other side
Wear scar is absent in picture above and present in this picture above
(wear bar meets bushingis scar)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 500 kingquad from 2013 that has taken the abuse I throw at it like a champ. I ride it hard and check it over every couple rides and it has been great. Recently I noticed that the rear sway bar has some side to side play(no vertical play at all). It can move about 1/4 inch from side to side of the atv. I’ve done my research and found out that an old bushing is likely the cause. Research also said that it would make some noises or vibrate if a bushing is bad but none of that has happened the sway bar is just loose Ever so slightly. I checked all of the other places the bar connects to(on the a arms) and they are solid and have now play. i’ve ridden it a few times with the sway bar loose and noticed no change in ride quality or handling at all, it still rides like it’s fresh from the factory. Any thoughts? And if it is a bushing we’re could I get a decent replacement bushing? Thanks in advance

This is it on both sides as far is its play allows it To move. It has some small wear scars on it As can be seen.

This is it pushed all the way to one side. This is it pushed to the other side
View attachment 20797 View attachment 20800 Wear scar is absent in picture above and present in this picture above
(wear bar meets bushingis scar)
Take it out you don't need it
if you ride hard it will be a lot more fun, except if you ride two up
I have a 750 the same quad except for the motor
I took mine out as soon as I got it home and it's still sitting on the shelf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts