Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Suzuki LT-F500F Vinson atv will only ran on half choke. I am not to good of a mechanic but what could be causing this issue ?

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki KingQuad 700
10 Posts
When you apply the choke - you are enriching the carb mixture. Guess would be a dirty/partially plugged carburetor. Clean/replace your spark plug as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
If it runs better with the choke on, “Enrichner”. Then that means something is plugged up and a good thorough carb cleaning is in order. Since your not to mechanically inclined, I would suggest getting the carb cleaned by a reputable shop. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Since it will run you could also try using a strong mixture of Seafoam through it, might be enough to clean the carb and get it working properly again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talk to a Suzuki dealer and they said they would clean the carburetor first would cost me $200.00. How much seafoam do I need to try? This atv is like new and not been ridden much.Right now I have very little gas in it. Thanks everybody for your input.

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
With Seafoam it’s states on the bottle how much you should put per the size of your fuel tank, (Completely Full). However, if you want to try a stronger mixture as JsFIFTY suggested. Then I’d put no more then half a bottle in a full tank of gas. My mechanic says a complete bottle will treat the tank of my truck, and half a bottle for my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seafoam recommends 2 oz or more per gallon of fuel for cleaning. Looks like you have a 5 gallon tank so 10 oz of seafoam, there is 16oz in a can. If possible once you've got it mixed try and take it for a nice long ride giving the engine a chance to really warm up.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I talk to a Suzuki dealer and they said they would clean the carburetor first would cost me $200.00. How much seafoam do I need to try? This atv is like new and not been ridden much.Right now I have very little gas in it. Thanks everybody for your input.
Also, how old is the gas that is in the tank now?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2007 Suzuki LT-F500F Vinson atv will only ran on half choke. I am not to good of a mechanic but what could be causing this issue ?
It's running lean. Look for a vacuum leak. With it running spray carb cleaner around the mounting gaskets. If it speeds up you've found your leak.
Could also be dirt in the carb. One of the first things I do is add an in-line fuel filter since they have none from the factory. Try cleaning out the carb with some strong carb spray like Berrymans B12.
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I almost forgot check the intake valve setting. These things are notorious for them getting out of whack. A couple of thousandths off can make a huge difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts