Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My quad will pull over on pull start fine but when trying to start on electric start it just clicks the battery is fine as I've ran over things off it thinking it may be starter motor can anyone tell me where this is please

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Clicking when using the electric starter can be a few things. The first would be poor or corroded connections. Start by cleaning all connections including the battery terminals. Which in your case wouldn’t need to be done seeing it’s a new battery. Start at the battery working your way to the starter solenoid then starter. If you’ve done all that and your still having the same issue, pull the starter and bench test it. If it engages then the starter is fine. In this case the solenoid is most likely at fault and needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Do note if cleaning the connections doesn’t work and you don’t want to hassle with trying to pulling the starter. You can always try replacing just the starter solenoid and hope that’s the issue. If it isn’t, worse case scenario you’ll have a spare. And their a relatively inexpensive part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts