Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Suzuki lt4wd Model H. My son was riding it and some how he lost the inner front axle. A new one is over 300 bucks. I was wondering if the new cv style would interchange with the older ones?

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
I seriously doubt the new ones are interchangeable with the older ones. I know axles are expensive, I had to replace both rear axles on my 300 several years ago. It wasn’t cheap. Though it’s always best to utilize the correct parts to avoid further damaging anything. If you want to know if certain parts such as axles are interchangeable, look up any major online part houses such as Mr. Cycles, Bike Bandit, Partzilla, etc. And cross reference the part numbers against one another. If they match you can use them. If they don’t I’d advise against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No, but if you have a local driveline shop for trucks and cars, they basically use the same parts and can be fixed for the cost of the broken parts and new boots.

Local driveline shop may not have the correct boots, but the local one here let me buy the ones I needed and take them in. They rebuilt the axel, both ends and put my boots on all for $125. The boots were $50. So $175 and it is like new. If I would have done the work myself, I would have knocked $75 off the cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts