Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me on how to adjust the rear brakes ? Not grabbing like they should and the hand control seems somewhat loose, how do I adjust them to make them work

Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
The rear brake disc is in the rear differential. If you look into the rear diff from the right side of the quad, you will see the cables that attach to a lever on the housing. The cables can be adjusted there. There are nuts at the end of the cable and can be turned to tighten the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear brake disc is in the rear differential. If you look into the rear diff from the right side of the quad, you will see the cables that attach to a lever on the housing. The cables can be adjusted there. There are nuts at the end of the cable and can be turned to tighten the cable.

Awesome! Thank you so much

·
Registered
285 Posts
No problem. Here is the diagram of the brake assembly. It’s a friction plate assembly. I rarely use my rears. I find the would lock up rather than stop me. I rely on the fronts 95% of the time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got over 14000km on my front and rear pads.. original... I use engine braking for 99% of my stops.
Remember to change the rear diff fluid regularly.. particularly if you use the rear brakes a lot since that fluid gets contaminated by brake friction material. Its cheap as dirt. I use TDH fluid from Canadian Tire..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts