Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help. I put machine under cover after topping off brake fluid. 6 weeks later try to ride ride, reversed brake handle for front brakes would not move , went to put back move forward would not move. Worked 6 weeks ago. It may have been sabatoged by Ex. So I would like to look for obvious first, bc I will have to try and fix it myself or sell. Thanks in advance (Louisiana)

·
Registered
94 Posts
It sounds like you are trying to say that the brake lever won't move?
I can't really think of anything anybody could do that would cause that, it's a hydraulic system, either something's wrong with the lever itself or both front brake calipers are somehow Frozen in place.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Certain 2000 model KQ’s came equipped with front wheel disc brakes. But most are drums. The wheel cylinders can often seize up causing the brake shoes to stay applied. Had to do mine this past spring. Bought the Dorman wheel cylinders off Amazon for $17 per cylinder CAD, per the suggestion from another Forum member. I’d check the wheel cylinders and all your front brake components to see if they are working correctly. Unless your model is equipped with front wheel disc brakes. Lastly, please pay attention to your spelling/punctuation. Your post has a lot of misspelt words, jumbled sentences, and poor punctuation. Please take the time in future posts to use proper grammar and punctuation. Makes it easier for us to be able to understand you and help you accordingly. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts