Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 fully automatic has a mechanical problem any help with this would be awsome. Ok here goes,
the quad has been running great lately but last week a friend was riding it when all of a sudden it started to loos power and then it would not run unless the choke was on then it would not stay running at all, I pulled the air filter it was clean, I checked the fuel it had plenty, I pulled the spark plug and it was a little black but not fouled, the qud then started but it would not run under throttle it would bog and rev then bog and rev, I limped it home out of the woods. This problem happen once before about 2 years ago and a local shop fixed it but they are no longer there so I have no Idea what they did, I will pull the carb this weekend and clean but I have no idea what else it could be, any and all help with this problem would be helpfull
Thank you,
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats either your jet or your idle screw on the side of the carb i have the same model mine has done that before we took off the carb and come to find out it was my idle cord was turning some how wen i rev it up and my intake was opening and closing by itself but most likely its your carb check your jet and idle screws

1 - 2 of 2 Posts