Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was changing the oil for the 2nd time since I perched it new from dealer and a helicoil came out with my drain plug. Do they come with one on from factory? I can’t find anything online or from my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
388 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don’t recall seeing a helicoil on my drain plug. Does the plug fit back on without it? That will answer the big question about it‘s placement, but still leave the question of “how did it get there” open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. I don’t recall seeing a helicoil on my drain plug. Does the plug fit back on without it? That will answer the big question about it‘s placement, but still leave the question of “how did it get there” open.
[/QUOTE
Yes it threads in perfectly but has a lot of play with out it

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've changed the oil on mine a few times now and never had a helicoil come out. I wonder if your dealership striped the plug during their pdi since it doesn't require much torque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've changed the oil on mine a few times now and never had a helicoil come out. I wonder if your dealership striped the plug during their pdi since it doesn't require much torque.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts