Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 1997 suzuki 300 king quad and i have a wierd problem that is probably very simple.
K i will go out to the garage to get it started and sometimes it will fire up good and all but then sometimes it wont. All that will happen is ill push the starter button and ill hear this stupid little click. Then I will have to push it like 50 times to get it to turn the starter. Sometimes it will just work then sometimes it wil quickley engage and because im pushing the button so fast my finger will come off and ill have to push it a bunch more times. Then again sometimes it will start working good. Then ill go for a ride or something and ill stop and after about a 10 minutes stop it will do this again and then sometimes it wont.

I am thinking water in a connection somewheres? and also it is winter now and the water would have froze cause it to cut a circuit off? What im thinking is when i am driving the engine heat melts the ice and causes the water move around and have complete circuit then when the water freezez it cuts it off.

What should i go about checking or looking at?
Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First thing I'd do is put a tester on the starter cable on the starter end. Push the start button, if it clicks but shows no voltage at the starter and connections are good then you'll need a new solenoid.

If it clicks and shows voltage ( about 12 volts but will start on alittle less ) at the starter end, then you'll need a starter.

Check that and let us know.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
check for corrusion on terminals,sounds like starter could be going bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts