Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I Just bought a ltz 400 2007 mod. And the previous owned said that when the atv is cold (not depending on temeprature or weather) I have to put the choke on, and when cranking push the choke back in or it won't start. I tried Just starting it without choke pushing and it would not start. It did not start with the choke fully out either. Only when I push it back in while cranking.
Have anyone experieced this or have an idea where I should start looking?
The carb and tank has been cleaned by previous owner without change. And according to him the engine and carb is stock.

Appreciate any advice and tips.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum. As for your starting issue. Hard starts are often attributed to out of spec valves. Check the valve clearances using a good quality set of feeler gauges. Start with that then go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not gotten to locate the exact problem. But what I know so far is that when my petcock is set on pri it fires up as it should. But have not gotten to the part to find out if it is a vacuum leak or a fault in the petcock

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
The “Pri” setting gravity fed, meaning fuel flows regardless on if the engine is running or not. So make sure when your bike isn’t running that you don’t leave it in the “Pri” setting or you risk contaminating your oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts