Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 06 kq 700. bought it from new alway turned over abit before starting,now alot of turning of the starter before it will go. and then runs like crap until up to temp. things done- fuel pressure test,ground,fuel injector,and something about wire to resistor,new battery. the dealer gave up,said could just going and going not finding the problem,bill was already $1000.afraid of leaving the bike to long on a ride thinking won't start. please help me people!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you ever adjusted the valves? As the engine brakes in the valve stems get longer and the clearance between the cam shaft and the valve decreases. One of the symptoms of valves needing adjusting is hard starting. I would be willing to put money on it that your valves are out of adjustment. Since you did not mention that the dealer recommended that, I am very surprised that they didn't mention that. Personally I'd never go back to that crappy dealer again. Do a search online, possibly facebook marketplace and find a good local guy, even someone working out of their garage to take your atv to. I have a KQ 450 that I bought used and as soon as I brought it home first thing I did was check the valves. Sure enough, they were way out of adjustment. As soon as they were adjusted quad started up much easier and ran better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you done a compression test? You could be low on compression. That would make it hard to start. Also have you tried a shot of starting fluid and see if it cranks right up? That would let you know if it's a fuel problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c
Have you done a compression test? You could be low on compression. That would make it hard to start. Also have you tried a shot of starting fluid and see if it cranks right up? That would let you know if it's a fuel problem
ompression test was done,told me it was good. i will have to try starting fluid, thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Have you checked the valves as someone mentioned..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts