Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I bought some skid plates for 2019 KQ. It would be a lot easier for me to put the skids on my machine in this upright position. Has anyone either transported their KQ’s this way or put skids on this way?

I don’t have a manual and would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide. I know I need to shut off the gas, but I’m not sure where the shutoff valve (petcock) is. Should I run my KQ dry after shutting off the gas so I can get as much gas out of the carb as possible? What should I do once I put my KQ back on all 4’s?

Thanks all

·
Registered
301 Posts
A 2019 KQ is fuel injected so no carb or petcock. Tipping it while it’s running should activate the fuel cutoff (safety feature) not sure if it has manual switch, maybe one of our members can confirm... once tipped it looks like it will clear everything except maybe the center storage to rest fully on the back rack. Did you get a full set of replacement skids , including front and rear a-arm guards? The stock skids are really easy to take off and put back on from accessing each side of the bike, without having to get under or put the machine upright , after market a-arm guards will require you to get in there a little more underneath since they usually have an additional bolt under the a-arm to fasten aside from the stock mount points.
I would not recommend tipping the bike upright unless you make sure it’s secure from falling over while your wrenching. otherwise i don’t think it should not be a problem ...the less fuel in the tank the better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I bought the full skid plate and A-arm guards. I am still waiting for them to be delivered. Once I get my skids I’ll see how easy they are to install with the machine on the ground. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very nice ! Aluminum type I take it?.. sounds good. Mines parked for a few winter months so I’ll be removing all skids any day now for maintenance and inspection, I take some pics for your reference , it may help... cheers!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did it, stand it up on back rack/wheels. If I recall, I think it mentions it in the manual. I had no issue. Just winched it to overhead beam, left winch connected while working on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts