Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just purchased an 11 Kingquad 500axi a few months ago and now that the winter getting closer I'd like to get a plow for it for my driveway.
Tried to do a search, but answers we're all over the place. Would like some recommendations on a plow.
Looking for some where around a 50-54 inch blade, a easy to connect and disconnect, and something reasonally priced but not a cheap product. What has worked well for you guys. Also is there a preference over a metal vs poly blade?
Any help and direction you can give me with will be appreciated. I plan on buying the KFI winch kit this week, so I will already have that.
Thanks, Sean

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the kfi winch kit on my Vinson. I ended up putting on a 50" angle blade county moose plow. I absolutely love it. It throws/rolls the snow to the side so your not pushing as much. Its amazing!
20191030_181709.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omenshooter, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I assume that pushs the snow to the right side. That could work for my driveway., never thought of the straight vs angle blade.
Is it easy to connect and disconnect?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is very easy to connect and disconnect. It collects snow from the short side and throws it to the high side but will work the opposite way as well. I bought the whole setup brand new from the suzuki dealer for $675. Minus the winch stuff of course

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a full frame plow that was originally meant for my old Sportsman but I modified it slightly to work with my 2015 750 KQ. I've seen these plows go on various used sites for about $300. What's nice about them is there is only 2 connecting points, the bulk work is done by the pin that goes up through the ball hitch mounting hole, and the front pin goes into a bracket that bolts under the frame cross-member just below the winch mount. Snap the winch hook onto the plow and go. Another benefit is you are not using the center of the ATV frame to take all the load when you hit your limit in a more dense snowbank. You are using the ball hitch mount to act like you are pulling the load even though it's in front of you :) The downside is mine is only a 4 foot blade, with a full length steel frame and steel blade it is heavy to move around by hand during the storage season time. It's not impossible, I do lug it around every year but it would be far better to have a year round spot dedicated to it that you can just roll up and either drop it or connect when needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased an 11 Kingquad 500axi a few months ago and now that the winter getting closer I'd like to get a plow for it for my driveway.
Tried to do a search, but answers we're all over the place. Would like some recommendations on a plow.
Looking for some where around a 50-54 inch blade, a easy to connect and disconnect, and something reasonally priced but not a cheap product. What has worked well for you guys. Also is there a preference over a metal vs poly blade?
Any help and direction you can give me with will be appreciated. I plan on buying the KFI winch kit this week, so I will already have that.
Thanks, Sean
I have a 2015 500 also. Picked it up last year. May I start out by saying awesome bike.
I have had a cycle country 60 " now for the past 13 years. used it with both my 500 Suzuki and 500 Honda. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for all the replies. Will look into these too
So far I was looking at the Denali and Tusk subzero plow units which seem to be affordable option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Johnny Mac,
I ended up buying the 50" Denali kit for my 500 directly from Denali. Was pretty easy to install just haven't gotten to use it yet in the snow so cant comment on that yet.

·
Super Moderator
388 Posts
Can I resurrect this one please. Any other recommendations on brand or model of plow for a KQ 750 AXI?
I will tell you about my mistakes, so you don’t fall into the same trap. Years ago, I wanted to get a plow on the cheap. I bought a used Sears plow blade that was made for garden tractors. I welded up some pipe and made it work. Mistake one. The blade is ok, but not great. The shoes are the limiting factor and the cheap , lightweight blade won’t drop down in heavy wet snow. It sort of “sits “ on top more than drops down if the snow consistency isn’t fluffy and light. Once you start moving it drops down, but your trampling over the snow before you get to clean it.

Somehow I ended up with a Cycle Country setup. For the life of me, I can’t remember how I acquired it. Lol. It’s a better setup. Large gauge pipes, a good, heavy blade, good adjustments and nice shoes. It hooks up to a belly pan that goes under your machine. That was problem one in my mind. I didn’t like it on when I wasn’t using the plow, so it was an on in the winter, off in the spring deal. The belly pan sits flush with the ATV, however, the ears hang down lower and I was concerned about damaging it off-road.

Enter the new driveway. We decided to replace our old, tired , blacktop driveway with a new paver driveway. We expanded it, put a wing on and built a blind for the garbage cans and the trailer. Pavers can scratch easily. If you scratch them with the shoes, or chip the retaining wall, or border edging, your going to be sorry . So, I went out and bought a beast of a snow blower with rubber tracks, heated grips, power steering and height adjustments.

E22EBEBA-3DAE-41DF-BC39-83EA88D2DE66.jpeg

Now I have two snow plow setups sitting around doing nothing. Lol

If you intend to buy a plow, buy a good one. Also, consider what surfaces you will be working with. In retrospect, I think I prefer using the snow blower for snow removal and leaving the ATV for riding. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made the mistake of not asking you guys when I bought my winch and ended up with a dud!
Just put a warn 54" provantage front mount on. Has a heavy duty mounting bracket and because of front mount plow clearance is high. Should be able to leave front mount bracket on during rest of year and not have clearance issues trail riding also. Haven't had enough snow yet to use. Hopefully it works good. Installation wasn't bad. The front mount bracket took a little time to get lined up. other than that wasn't hard.
20201015_173232.jpg 20201015_155342.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
In the past I've had good luck with Warn 50"/54" systems both mid and front mount designs. The front mounts allow you to lift the blade higher and are easier to connect and disconnect, the mid mounts are suppose to put less stress on the frame but can be a bit harder to connect and disconnect plus the mounts hang down. Keep in mind with a plow you need a area where you can push the snow, if your tight on space like a urban lot you might be better off with a snow blower as John suggested.

Reactions: Johnny Mac

·
Registered
282 Posts
The warn frame mounts are a reasonable distance away from the factory bumper so I imagine it should clear your brush guard. You will just have to watch when raising the blade up, it might be possible to impact the brush guard that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts