Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my my "snorkel your atv" kit in the mail. Will be installing it this weekend. Any advice or comments on it before I start? Directions don't seem to be very clear. Maybe once I get all the plastic off it will look easier. Thanks for any insight! Doing it on my 2015 Suzuki kingquad 400ASI 4x4

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The best advice I can give you is take it slow don't get in a big rush. If cutting is involved measure 4 times cut once. IF you get frustrated at anything take a break drink a cold one calm down and then go back to doing it. If you need any help with it give us a holla and we can try to help.
Take plenty of pics to show us how you done before during and after if you don't mind.

THOMAS

Reactions: BBking quad

·
Registered
527 Posts
think if it were a kit it be simple i wish i could have afforded a kit for my eiger but made my own

Good luck man WANT TO SEE THOSE PICS

Reactions: BBking quad

·
Registered
293 Posts
What Tubby said. Take your time. I installed mine without glueing. Then I marked all the fittings. I used RTV instead if glue when I reinstalled. I did end up doing a little trimming on the floorboard where the hose runs between the motor and floorboard, but you can't see it. Zip ties will help keep the elbow that runs over the brake linkage's clear. Been very happy with mine but it was a time consuming install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess the kit I got wasn't the right one.. The dealership said it would work but it does say 450,700,750
But mine is a 400 pictures in the instructions are totally different. Need either a kit that will work or a detailed plan on how to build my own... Thanks guys

·
Registered
740 Posts
ya, a one for the big bores wont work on yours. the snorkel for a 400 may be hard to find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found a guy locally who builds them custom and installs. He said $400 out the door. The kit I got was $240 so honestly that's pretty fair and I don't have to stress out, and it's done right! It'll be done for next weekend!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
good luck!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Just make sure all of your vent tubes get vented and your filter get sealed up really well.

THOMAS

·
Registered
740 Posts
yup, read TUBBY's write on basic waterproofing if you haven't.

:rating10:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have fun man. I have the same kit on my 2015 750. It was not fun to install. You will end up doing a lot of cutting and modding to get the kit to fit correctly. Like stated take your time! I had 14 hours in mine. I also feel pretty mechanically incline. Built diesel drag racing engines and trucks so have spent a little time in the garage. But after all said and done very happy I did it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Glad to here it. Looks good!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
That's a nice looking quad very nice. Are those ITP 312's on there?

THOMAS

·
Registered
740 Posts
and what tire size?

·
Registered
527 Posts
cool, look nice,now post a video of it in action

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're 27inch tires, they fit well with the stock suspension! Taking the go pro to the mud hole tomorrow hopefully getting some good videos!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The kit I have is for sale!! Brand new in box with instructions and everything.. Paid $245 to get it home. It's the high riser kit, and comes with the dust caps. $220 and I'll pay shipping... Saves you almost $30 over the website and helps me out.... Fits all kingquad years 450, 500, 700, 750!!!
Call or text 3862142787 for more info!! Please I'm stuck with it and they don't do returns....

·
Registered
9 Posts
The kit I have is for sale!! Brand new in box with instructions and everything.. Paid $245 to get it home. It's the high riser kit, and comes with the dust caps. $220 and I'll pay shipping... Saves you almost $30 over the website and helps me out.... Fits all kingquad years 450, 500, 700, 750!!!
Call or text 3862142787 for more info!! Please I'm stuck with it and they don't do returns....

Willing to ship to Canada? I might be interested if you will!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts