Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here and have some questions...

i just bought an 86 lt250r quadracer frame and would like to put my formula 500 engine into (since winters have been pretty sad).

first ? has anybody done it that can post pictures

second ? howd you setup the drive

any help would be great..

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
First off i applaud you ingenuity. But i have never heard of anyone putting their Formula 500 engine or any other snowmobile engine in their LT250R Quadracer or any other Suzuki atv for that matter. And to be quite honest with you, i don't think you'll find anyone on this forum who will be able to give you the answers your looking for. But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive seen pictures of them when there done but havent found a how to. but just the other day a friend of mine said he might have an engine for it so i might ditch this idea.. but still if anybody has pics please post them..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You would need to change the entire drive, a secondary clutch on the back axle or connected to it with a chain, keep the primary on the engine, run the belt down the side by your leg.BE SURE TO COVER IT. That would bee one mean machine, those sleds do about 140 so in a bike that is much lighter and geared a little higher as the wheels are slightly bigger than the drive on a sled that'd fly like you would not believe. If it happens be sure to post pictures.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i did this to my honda three wheeler. to do it rite and safe it will take some decent cash. pm me if you need/want my 2 cents

i found a pic of my "dragster"

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts