Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Does anyone have any idea if it would be possible to use an HD type shock absorber and add a spring to that shock to replace the OEM shocks on the 750 Kingquad? I know a person could just purchase a set of Elka's etc etc, but that's not in the budget. So, trying to come up with a different option. I mean if it's a truck shock that would fit and or could be made to work that's fine, but just trying to come up with some way to increase the weight capacity for the KQ without taking out a loan to do it.
Truckin

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I look at this way, will it hurt anything to try? People like to make out that there is an exact science to things like suspensions, but reality is, engineered design still doesn't beat trial and error. Just as long as the shock is fairly close to the same size and has about the same throw.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey ya never know ... although I‘ve never heard of using a automotive shock/spring , I mean just thinking about it , we’re talking a spring/shock rate set up for a 2+ tonne vehicle vs an Atv thats under 1000lb. How much weight you plan on carrying.. lol.
Not sure if you mentioned before but I’ve read of guys replacing the springs with HD Hi Lifter brand springs, not sure if they have for KQ but did you consider that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well probably 550-600 pounds. That is myself and passenger plus any cargo. Just want to make it so the rear doesn't sag as badly. I was going to try for a set of Bilstein shocks or something of that sort that are more heavy duty. I just don't really know where to start and how to come up with the best choice to start the trial and error fitting process.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yeah , thats a tough one.. Bilstien do make great shocks so if they make for your machine at maybe worth the risk of trying. I would def. exhaust all Atv type shock suppliers first. did you try these guys...http://worxshocks.com/html/atv.html ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So,
I was able to get a set of Highlifter Heavy Duty Rear Springs for the Kingquad 750. HL was unsure if they would fit the 2019-2020 model Kingquad as it never had been test. I installed them this weekend and just wanted to let everyone know that they DO WORK/FIT....PERFECTLY. So if you are having trouble getting a set of shocks (Like myself) that don't break the bank this would be a possible solution. Regarding the Worxshocks....Zuuk I tried to call them several times and just get a VM....so not what to do next.
Truckin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts