Suzuki ATV Forum banner

sealed rear brakes replacement king quad 750

12K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Zuuk 
#1 ·
is it difficult or complicated to replace the sealed rear brakes on a 2008 king quad 750? does any body have a how to video? thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
I am buying a 2008 king quad 750 with 4000 miles on it. The seller says it needs new brakes but did not tell me if it needs the rears. The front brakes seem easy enough, I am just concerned about those sealed rear brakes costing a lot.

here's a picture of the quad, it kinda looks beat up so I am having second thoughts buying b/c of the brake issue.

Attachments

#5 ·
I am buying a 2008 king quad 750 with 4000 miles on it. The seller says it needs new brakes but did not tell me if it needs the rears. The front brakes seem easy enough, I am just concerned about those sealed rear brakes costing a lot.

here's a picture of the quad, it kinda looks beat up so I am having second thoughts buying b/c of the brake issue.
Bringing this back from the dead to get opinions. My wife and daughter we riding the king quad (11 750) and I'm guessing my daughter had her foot on the foot brake while riding around. when they came back there was oil coming out of the rear diff breather tube and the diff was hot enough to turn it to smoke.

After draining and flushing the diff the rear brake is pretty weak. After something like this should I look in to replacing the brakes or just adjust and keep riding?
As Staf mentioned, the rear sealed brake is designed to last the life of the atv pretty much. If you’ve tried the adjustment wing nuts and still cannot get close to locking up the back tires when braking, then you may need a replacement.
I’ve never had to replace one (same brakes on my ole Kawi) but I don’t think it’s too difficult if your handy. parts are about $500 give or take US including the bearings I believe, or you can try to find a used whole assembly in decent shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.