Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as new

Brown Santa brought the factory service manual, servicemanual.com.

11 hours, doing a visual inspection and checking torque values.
So far I have found all coolant hose clamps loose.
Exhaust fasteners are all at the correct values.
The left front inner fender well liner is not properly mounted, there are pushpin holes in the liner that line up with warning placard holes, the liner is floppy loose because of this. prolly gonna remove safety placards and install screws to secure liner.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well that sucks. Can you provide some pics? good thing you check, all should, I do almost every ride like the manual states . I don’t like to take chances , especially in some of remote places I go. Loose coolant hoses and no leak under pressure ? that’s interesting. Sitting on the bike the left front inner liner is held in place by 3 push fasteners, that is by design and not tight, is that what your referring to? I’m at 116hrs and so far all is holding tuff..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes. all the same, mine too, that is by design, brilliant (imo) . it makes it real easy to quickly remove for any kind of maintenance in that area or other. I found this to be a benefit for the DIYer with no consequences at all leaving it as is. I would not add more fasteners.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sure, to each his own but the liner is not improperly mounted....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All back together, checked all torques per the FSM, nothing moved when clicked, made some suspension adjustments, fiddled with the rear brake adjusters still looking for the sweet spot there. Not gonna mess with the airbox yet as I am at 5600', need to take it down to the desert and see how it performs. Good to go for another ten hours, at that interval I will do oil/filter and both gear cases.
Time start looking for tires, So far these are winning.
Sedona Ripsaw,10" fr 11" r

·
Registered
254 Posts
good to adjust for personal preference/comfort. Nice tires, are you staying with the stock 25” height? How did you make out with removing the stickers (using a little heat)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great pictures rotorhead! You people don't know how lucky you are to have public land to play on. Texas has 1 ohv trail & it's in a National Forest. It gets old riding the same 3-5 trails every time. Arizona is my favorite place I think. I might be taking a motorcycle ride out there soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get tires yet? I have the same quad and 2 of my tires are plugged already, lousy stockers. I wanted to see what the 26" looked like before I bought some. A real 25" tire is way better looking than the 489's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah nice pics Rotorhead. I did a little riding in some snow too , just before I put her away for winter. Yep 2019Kq750, I think the stockers suck too, already replaced them at 1600km due to a side wall blow out.,
BE30F9D3-78CD-4A57-BEA7-468DDE0AE9A9.jpeg
293900C4-F008-4EFF-8CD8-3663A2EA5E56.jpeg
55704171-9B61-4664-8CF5-8BA48B507020.jpeg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts