Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just bought a 2008 750AXI and am gradually getting it fixed up to my liking. Still have a DRZ400 but it is now in street trim, I am getting a little old for the woods on 2 wheels. Lots of great info here and am hoping someone may have tried this. I am looking at a 2015 part bike that has power steering. I am looking at what is involved in installing the power steering on my 08. I have access to almost a complete bike but not sure of everything I would need. i know the steering shaft and motor, control module and possibly bars? I might have to do some wiring also as I am not sure of the harness compatability. Anyone opinions with experience appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I am buying the motor and ecu.... will post how it went after I figure out the wiring and have it installed... wish me luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... I tore the front off the Kingquad a few days ago and removed the steering shaft, found a few things that needed to be modded but nothing serious until.....
The steering motor mounts to the front frame crossmember and there was a problem with the mounting point. Turns out the frame is different on a power steering bike and the crossmember is a different height/design. So.... I wasn't keen on cutting my crossmember and fabricating a new one. I have done work like this before but hate to cut up a pretty mint bike for power steering...
So long story short I reassembled it and am shelving the idea for now. That was the only issue I could see with the conversion..... but its a big issue.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the update Tempwst! maybe better just to sell it in good condition and buy an eps machine if you really want that feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts