Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just bought a 2008 750AXI and am gradually getting it fixed up to my liking. Still have a DRZ400 but it is now in street trim, I am getting a little old for the woods on 2 wheels. Lots of great info here and am hoping someone may have tried this. I am looking at a 2015 part bike that has power steering. I am looking at what is involved in installing the power steering on my 08. I have access to almost a complete bike but not sure of everything I would need. i know the steering shaft and motor, control module and possibly bars? I might have to do some wiring also as I am not sure of the harness compatability. Anyone opinions with experience appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I am buying the motor and ecu.... will post how it went after I figure out the wiring and have it installed... wish me luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... I tore the front off the Kingquad a few days ago and removed the steering shaft, found a few things that needed to be modded but nothing serious until.....
The steering motor mounts to the front frame crossmember and there was a problem with the mounting point. Turns out the frame is different on a power steering bike and the crossmember is a different height/design. So.... I wasn't keen on cutting my crossmember and fabricating a new one. I have done work like this before but hate to cut up a pretty mint bike for power steering...
So long story short I reassembled it and am shelving the idea for now. That was the only issue I could see with the conversion..... but its a big issue.....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for the update Tempwst! maybe better just to sell it in good condition and buy an eps machine if you really want that feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So....I found an EZ Steer power steering kit and have begun Installation. Wondering if I should do the caster mod at the same time. Would be interested to hear from someone who has put the EZ. Steer kit on their Kingquad. Wondering if the caster mod is still needed with power steering???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts